picture

picture

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Kidnapped!

Yes, today for 1.5 hours Diego kidnapped me and slept on top of me during his nap! I don't mind too much, but I barely got to eat lunch with Mark when he started calling my name! I guess I deserved it? Why? Well, for many many months we have been rocking Diego to sleep and once he was sleeping, we put him in his crib. Then, he transitioned to the twin bed. But for the last couple of weeks he doesn't want more rocking chair and wants to go to his bed, with his mommy on his side. I was OK with that, however he was taking FOREVER to settle down and fall asleep. I am talking about more than 30 minutes. So last night, we decided to get a timer and tell him that after 30 minutes, the timer will go off and if he was not sleeping we would leave the room and he would have to fall asleep by himself. It didn't go well; after 30 minutes he was still messing around and when we left he cried horribly. I got in after 5 minutes; hugged him, he grabbed on me very strongly, and rocked him to sleep (which only took few minutes). Needless to say, today he has been quite clingy and "needed" mommy during his nap, which he hasn't done for a long time.

Right after the crying episode last night, I opened a book I got from the library few days ago: "The no-cry sleep solution for toddlers and preschoolers" by Elizabeth Pantley. I wished I had opened it beforehand. Tonight there was no timer and he went down a bit easier (or maybe next to what we had yesterday it felt better!). I hope I have time to read it through quickly. So, we still have some figure out to do regarding Diego's sleeping. I hope this year we all "agree" on something before his sister arrives! :)

So, officially it has been 1 months since we started the home study and a week since we got approved by CSS and got the package from them. The majority of the dossier forms haven't changed, just few new ones; so I don't foresee too much trouble getting the dossier ready. Also, some of the clearances we got for the HS are good for 3 years in AZ, so the HS may be ready and approved by the judge in May. This coming week we need to apply for the I-600A and for a new passport for Mark. Getting the new passport may take 4 to 6 weeks, so the dossier may be ready by June. No hurries, like Carol reminded me this week! She also recommended that we do the FBI fingerprinting and medicals (which now include a chest X-rays for each person) later, just a bit before the dossier is registered.

Today we shoot some pics for the dossier. We got a picture of the three of us as a family, one in front of our house, one in the backyard, another sitting on our patio set eating chips and salsa (Diego LOOOOOVES to dip the chips in salsa and feed us) and another one with the boys playing basketball. But I don't know what to show as our hobbies!!??!! What hobbies?? We used to have hobbies, but now all our time seems to be for Diego... Hum, are our lives unbalanced or it is just part of parenthood? Oh well... Enjoy today's pics!


4 comments:

ana said...

Great family photos!

Beth said...

love the family photos! So excited for you as you start the journey to your daughter.

Carey and Norman said...

I too love all the new photos! Glad you are doing well and sometimes...it is nice to be kidnapped!

Shane & Marie said...

I agree, great family photos! I am so jealous how cooperative Diego is for pictures. Hard to believe you are starting the whole process again, but I am so excited for you!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers