I feel exhausted! This week has felt really hard on me, but I am glad is finally Friday! I started the post about our little milestone of 6 months since Gotcha Day, but as usual I haven't finished it. And then, so many thoughts and potential titles to posts came to my mind this week: "I need a trampoline", "Aeeeeeeya", "DOG!", "Baby" and others...
Let's start with the trampoline. We are buying one, not for me, but for Diego! This dude has SO MUCH ENERGY that the therapist that came to evaluate him suggested we purchase one for him. He had his early intervention evaluation last Monday, and on Wednesday they called me to tell me he qualified for speech, feeding, and OT. Part of me was sad that my fears of his delays were truth, but at the same time we caught them kind of early and the therapists will be able to help us moving forward! We have already bought few small toys they recommended, but hopefully will get the trampoline this weekend...
Aeeeeya is how Diego pronounces the word "agua" or water in Spanish. He just LOOOOOVES playing with water in any form, being the water out of the faucet, hose, sprinkler, our dog's bowl, in the tub or the pool. But a week ago or so, there is a new agua he likes. My parents are all into homeopathy and got Diego some "herbal remedies" (they are called Bach Flowers) to increase his appetite and to reduce his stress so he can sleep better. This is all natural stuff (extracts from flowers), may work or not, but at least there are supposed to be harmless. Anyways, every time I give him his dose I have to mix 10 drops with 1 table spoon of water. At the beginning, I was scratching me head thinking how I was going to give him this stuff. One day I put it in a little syringe and gave it to him after his meal, and he started repeating aeeeya, drinking the whole think, and at the end he gave us an "ahhhhh", imitating the sound we usually do after we drink something! He is just hilarious!
We have a 5 years old German Sheppard/rottweiler mix dog called Lulu at our home and Diego just loves her. I had a lot of mixed feeling when Diego just came, because she was not very gentle with him and with her shedding, I was cleaning all the time trying to keep the house decently clean. Well, then they started getting along really well, and now almost every day we use Lulu to distract Diego during meals when he gives her treats (and I sneak a spoon in his mouth). Diego can not pronounce the word Lulu yet, so when he calls her he screams "DOG" and even starts clapping to get her attention... Well, I am still waiting for the magic moment of being called mama, but guess who Diego was calling million times last night when we were cradling him to sleep? DOOOOG!
Last week we watch the First Signs Video (from baby Einstein) and Diego learned bunch of the signs all at once! It's crazy, and now he can not stop making the sign for baby! Every time he sees a baby at the library or park, or even on the box of his diapers he looks at me and starts making the sign. It was so funny, at the library we were singing at the end of the toddler time session "Bye-bye, baby, bye-bye", and there it was my sweet Diego moving his arms and torso to make the baby sign! It's funny, my sister just had a baby last Friday, and it made me think and wonder about the whole thing of giving birth to a little baby... Hum, I was so happy for my sister, but at the same time it felt a little strange and sad that I will probably never be able to experience that... but it's all cool, I have my baby Diego!
So this is it, I have been dying to post something, but still struggle to get things around the house and have a little time to relax... Things have improved a lot, but is still hard to do anything non-Diego related when the only time available I have is when Diego is sleeping! I hope I can get the 6-months update post soon!

3 comments:
I know the feeling of wanting to post, having 99 posts in your head and not being able to get a single one on paper! First, I shared the same fears with are dogs (and the same annoyance of all of the dog hair) and now Andrew gives them hugs and tells them "Good Morning!" before he tells us good morning! :-) I'll be so interested to hear more about the homeopathic stuff because I'm very intrigued by it. As for the EI stuff, I think it's grea tthat Diego has the opportunity to get involved in that so early so by school age he'll be good to go! I'm about to post about something Andrew is going to have to deal with (and Mama and Papa too!). :-)
I can totally relate, as I am a big blog slacker. It is just sooo hard to find time with 2 kiddos! I made a promise to do at least Jax's 6 month Gotcha post this weekend though :) Jaxon is also absolutely in love with our dogs - it is cute! As for the EI, we went through that with Luca and it was hard to admit that he had a speech delay. He started speech at 18 months and was discontinued at 3 years of age. He made remarkable gains and just needed to do it in his own time with some help. The trampoline is great! We had one for Luca, it exhausted him! Jax is a bit too "heavy" to get much bounce out of it yet :)
Give Diego kisses for us!
Hi Sinziana - I hear you on the not have time to blog. I have a tough time these days trying to keep up the reading much less do my own posts. It's funny how you take all that for granted while you are waiting on your child. I am interested in hearing about the homeopathic stuff too. You'll have to keep us updated. Also, would love to see a picture of Diego on the trampoline.
Post a Comment