It has been loooooong time since the last post! We came back last Friday from our 2 week vacation in Ecuador/Uruguay/Argentina and we were exhausted! Getting ready for this trip was hard as Diego and I got sick with strep (somehow Mark didn't get sick), so the last night we only slept 3 hours, which meant no time for blogging! Then last weekend has been cleaning the house from the pre and post travel and sleeping.
But I am very glad to say that it was a nice trip, and most importantly, Diego had a really good time! During the day he looked very happy and interested in the new people around him (my parents, brother, and grandma), the new surroundings, and having his mama and dada all day long! My parents were really happy to spend time with him and were really impressed with Diego's personality and how expressive and happy he was most of the time! Giving the fact that we ended up taking a total of 13 flights, I could say Diego did pretty well in about 10 of them, which I think it is well beyond our expectations! However, in the other 3 he did quite horrible; luckily, those flights were only couple of hours each!
In Ecuador it was easier to keep his schedule, but in Uruguay and Argentina it was very challenging, since it was our first time in those countries and we were out most of the day, so Diego's naps were on the stroller and were quite short. Also, finding options of food to feed Diego was really tough, but we were fortunate that neither Mark nor Diego had any stomach problem while we were there(somehow my tummy still has the "south American" bugs and I never get sick there). The nights were tougher and he ended up in our bed pretty much every night. Part of me was happy to see he wanted to sleep with us, but then when the kicking and turning would start I wanted my bed back!
So now we are trying to go back to our routine, but I think Diego may be kind of confused about what happened with "all the other people" he met during the trip and all what we did the last two weeks. He has been very clingy during the day and has been waking up several times at night... Not with night terrors, he just wakes, calls us, I find him standing in the crib, and then he jumps to my arms where he falls asleep again... He may be afraid we will "disappear" too...
We haven't downloaded the pics from the camera, so I don't have pictures to post!! I know, I know, I will post again with the best moments of the trip and add pictures, I promise!
Now, I have to go back to CNN and see more results of the presidential election! OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA!

5 comments:
Glad you had a wonderful visit with your family. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Diego and your family together. Isn't it amazing how hard it is to keep a child on schedule when traveling?
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to visit your family. 13 flights! - wow, Diego is a trooper! I am sure your family loved spending time with Diego (and you and Mark, too!) Good Luck getting back on schedule - wish I had advice to offer, but we are having the same problem after vacationing a week in FL. Can't wait to see pictures.
13 flights in 2 weeks?! Even I'd be cranky in more than just 3 of those. Sounds like Diego did good overall.
WHOA! A post with no pictures of that precious child?!?! :-) Just kidding with you! I still have pics on my camera from August. So glad you had a great visit with the family - it's always nice to go away but even nicer to come back home and get back on schedule! Miss your posts!
I'm so glad you all had a wonderful trip. I can't believe you had 13 flights. Glad to hear he did well on the majority of them. It sounds like he was a real trooper with all the travels and new faces.
Post a Comment