1. I was born in Spain when my parents were doing their PhD's, raised in Ecuador (where all my family is from), and 10 years ago I came to this country to do my Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering at the University of Illinois. My parents thought I was going to go back after finishing the degree, but I knew that if a good opportunity came by I was going to take it and stay. Now somehow, I tend to feel that Illinois is my "home state" because my life in this country started there, however, Arizona is in my heart for all the opportunities and wonderful life experiences (becoming a wife and a mother) it gave me!
2. Mark and I were in the same Master's program together, but didn't hang out until the last semester when everybody was having interviews and getting job offers. By coincidence we got job offers in Phoenix to work at two competing companies. We moved here within 1 month apart, decided to live in the same apartment complex for a year, 2 years later we were dating, a year after that he proposed, and 7 months after that we were married!
3. For the first 33 years of my life I hardly tried peanut butter. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are not big in Ecuador. Now, I eat 10 crackers with peanut butter every day for lunch and I looooooove it!
4. In Ecuador it is not too safe to go to public parks, at least I never went to a public park when I was a child. Now, I am a park "junkie", going several times per week and always trying to find out about new parks to take Diego!
5. I wish I was a US citizen right now so I could vote in this upcoming presidential election! Not that it would matter here in AZ that is a republican state, but still I think it would be quite cool!
6. I kind of like to plan things or at least think about things ahead a time so I can be "psychologically prepared". Before we even knew how we would become parents, I felt we "would have" a boy and a girl. I had the names and I even bought (without Mark!) a couple of Ecuadorian paintings that I thought one day would be in my kids room and eventually I would give them to each once they grow up... Now both paintings are in Diego's room, and I have no idea what will happen with the painting that was supposed to be for my girl!!
I know I am supposed to tag 6 bloggers, but at this point of the game, all the people I would have chosen have been already tagged! So, sorry for breaking the rules, but instead I will leave you with few pics of Diego!

7 comments:
That was a very cool list! It sounds like you and Mark were destined to be together. (I don't think there is any such thing as coincidence, especially after being matched with our son!)
Great photos of Diego too. He looks so happy!
What do you mean your not as interesting as other moms??? Your list was GREAT!!! Diego is just getting cuter by the day.
Oh my gosh - I love your list! I also love the picture of Diego & Mark lying on the ground - too cute! Diego looks amazing.
What an exciting background. Thank you for sharing. I especially loved the story about the pictures. Diego will cherish them. He is looking so darling.
I'm way late, but your list is GREAT! I'm so glad you love peanut butter now - such an important food group! :-) The little guy is getting cuter and cuter!
Diego is adorable. Loved the photos.
I too am a Civil/Environmental engineer. Undergrad in Civil and Masters in Environmental. Very interesting to learn. I also loved the story of how you and your husband met, dated, married. I love hearing those facts.
How cool to be born in Spain. I cannot begin to imagine how amazing it would have been to grow up in another country.
Glad you are doing well!
P.S. I sent you a link to our blog since we've gone private!
Post a Comment