picture

picture

Monday, May 18, 2009

Great, Good, and Not So Good News!

Let's start with the great news! We found the "way" to Diego's stomach! For the last 2 weeks we have heard "I am hungry" several times per day, which we never heard in the last year of parenting Diego. What did the trick? From May 1 to May 12 we visited my sister in Houston and her kids have food allergies; so while we were there Diego ate exactly what they ate which was gluten free, casein (dairy) free, preservative (no nitrates or phosphates) free, and sugar free diet. He also had few things of the "Body Ecology Diet" components, such as green juice (celery, parsley, romaine lettuce and cucumber juiced), coconut keifur, other weird stuff, and loooooooots of veggies (this diet recommends that 80% of the meals to be veggies and the other 20% meat). Our theory is that this food feels way better and is digested better, so he wants to eat more frequently! Diego now eats breakfast, asks for seconds, eats his veggies, and has expanded the variety of food he eats tremendously! I have already bought bunch of the ingredients my sister uses and believe it or not, I was able to find most of the stuff among the stores and farmer's market nearby our house and it didn't break the bank!

Now the good news: we are making progress in our daughters adoption process! We got Mark's new passport few weeks ago so we can finish some of the dossier's forms, our homestudy was finished last week and is waiting for the judge's approval (required in AZ), and we had the USCIS appointment for our fingerprints last week! Yeah!! I am really hoping to get all the forms ready, notarized and appostilled by mid June or end of June the latest! Then the wait (which will probably be long this time) will begin!

And after all these good stuff going on my sweet Diego got sick! Yesterday we had to experience his first fever since coming home accompanied by a horrible sounding cough. I took him to the pediatrician today and he confirmed he has croup! Because it is a virus he only prescribed a medicine to help with the inflammation of his airways and to ease his breathing; we are also giving him Motrim to help with the fever. My poor boy, he looked so down today, even when he had his hernia surgery he didn't look like this! At least by the time Mark came from work he finally got out of the couch and cheer up a bit... Supposedly the fever should go away in a day or two, and the cough should sound better by Friday or so...

We haven't downloaded the pics from the last weeks, so I have no pictures to share... Sorry, but I promise this week I will post some of them!

5 comments:

ana said...

Hope he is feeling better VERY soon!

Dede said...

Ah, poor Diego, I hope he feels better soon. Everything else sounds like it is going great...congrats!

Beth said...

Great news on the "eating" front! So excited to follow your journey to your daughter - hope the wait is not too long. Hope Diego is feeling better soon..the croup is yucky. Luca had it once and we said he sounded like a "barking seal"

Shane & Marie said...

Yea...so glad Diego is making improvements in his eating. That is huge! I am also so glad you are just moving along nicely to your daughter. Sorry to hear Diego is sick. Hope he gets better soon!

Ron and Dinia said...

Hey!

Guess it has been awhile since I stopped by as I was blown away by how big Diego has gotten, and I did not realize you guys were adopting. That is really cool. I will be checking in often to see how things are going.

Paka

Dinia

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers