picture

picture

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Check, Check, Check!

As the crazy hot summer here continues, we keep trying to have fun and also get things done around the house! Few weeks ago when Mark's parents were here, one afternoon Mark and I ventured to leave Diego with them and went to downtown to get our I-171H and property deed appostilled. We also got our fingerprints taken at the police station, so whenever C tells us to get our FBI clearance we have then ready to go. Not that it may happen anytime soon, since C confirmed today that L (the new big boss at the Moscow MOE) is on vacation until the end of this month and there are 6 other families adopting girls with dossiers translated and ready ahead of us... But still, we got done what was on our plate and it feels good! Yeah! Check!

Also the master bathroom remodel that we started in May of this year (we started purchasing some of the major pieces in January, so our bedroom was packed with boxes!) is finally done!!! Mark still has to do something with the shower drain, as it seems to be is plugged with something (we suspect some of the drywall materials fall there), but it looks really nice! I am so glad this room is done after almost 5 years living in this house, because it was the worse room in the house and we would have to remodel it if we ever try to sell this house.. At least now we will get to enjoy it for some time too! Check!

Another thing almost out of my plate is a little "project" I have had in mind for a little while: cloth diapers! You may think I am just nuts to consider switching to cloth diaper when Diego is almost 2.5 years old and closer to be potty trained (in theory, I don't think he has any interest or the predisposition to be trained right now). But as a result of his food allergies I got more and more immerse in organic food, greener products, and once we decided to adopt again, I realized that she could use the cloth diapers (assuming that Diego will be potty trained once she is here with us - in approximately 1 year or so) so we more likely are going to save money in the long run. This has been a long process though... There are sooooo many options in the market, so many materials, trimmed, all-in-one, pocket diapers.. And after few long nights researching, I have narrowed down the options and most probably we will have the diapers purchased by the end of this week!!! Hurray!!! I know it will add a bit of more work on my weekly chores, but I know I will feel so great not to see the bunch of disposible diapers in my garbage, which means less diapers in the landfill!! Check!

So even though Diego and his terrible two's temper is keeping me busy (I just got another book from the library to help me understand this little dude), now I need more projects in my mind... After two camping trips in May we may try to plan another one soon, paint our master bedroom, then in September we have a trip to Vancouver for my nephews 1st birthday, and hopefuly by then the weather won't be soo terrible and we can be outside more...

And now few pictures of Diego "helping mommy" with crushing his probiotics for his milk, dancing some Black Eye Pea's songs, checking out our dual flush toilet (hopefully some day will try to use it for real!), with daddy, and just being cute.




2 comments:

ana said...

Looks like he is really doing well. And he has such a nice smile!

Becky and Keith said...

You go girl! Keep checking things off that list! I absolutely love the picture of him and Mark - you can see how much fun they have together!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers