picture

picture

Friday, November 27, 2009

Little or Big Attitude

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving Day. Ours started a bit hectic, then we went to Mark's parents house and spent most of the day there. It was nice not to worry about the food, since they took care of the big meal and we only had to bring wine and pie. The food was great, Diego spent a lot of quality time with his grandpas and Mark and I got to chill a bit.

But to tell you the truth, even though we are starting a wonderful part of the year with Christmas coming, lately my days are quite full with dealing with my little boy who wants to be treated like a big boy and has the ATTITUDE of a big boy! Sometimes I feel like I have to be soooooo careful choosing my words so I don't sound bossy and trigger a tantrum, but then I also have to teach him that he has to listen and follow what his parents and other adults ask him to do! So after enjoying an almost tantrum-less two's now we have to endure several meltdowns per day... At least most of the tantrums and attitude happen at home and at school and the park he is quite adorable and well behaived.

I have checked with few friends whose kids we see every week at the park and their kiddos, who are about the same age as Diego, are going through pretty much the same things. It's nice that Diego has made friends who he sees regularly, and also that I have found other moms (and grandma!) to compare notes and get ideas from...

My sweet boy, I love to see everyday how much energy, life and joy he is full with, but sometimes he seems so intense and makes me worry about how well he will do when we have to travel to Russia next year. He is seeing his grandparents several times per week and in few weeks when we have Mark's company party we will leave him with them overnight so we all can see how that goes... On the positive side, we have seen an inmense progress since the last time Mark's parents were here. Now, Diego has gone to the park few times only with them, he looooooooves to play with them, ask about them everyday, hugs them and kiss them without us prompting him, and in general he looks comfortable with them. I kind of feel a bit guilty that we kept Diego's life so small so it has taken so long for him to be used to other adults, but at least we have learned and it will be different with our daughter.

And now pictures: riding a carriage at the mall, at grandpa's house on Thanksgiving day, hiking with Mark, checking out butterflies and my cool looking son.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes Sinzi. Evan as well has morphed from a sweet baby to a toddler "monster". And he is always his worst with me. :) But take heart and don't be afraid to be bossy, because it is healthy for you to exert your authority. Providing boundaries is a very important parenting task, however mean it feels. Diego looks so happy and loved!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers