picture

picture

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Maybe Soon?!?

Last month there was a sale of fair trade products at Diego's preschool. I bought a nativity set from El Salvador and a pink snuggle bunny from Guatemala. The bunny has rice inside and you can put it in the microwave to warm it up and snuggle with. I thought about our daughter waiting for us in Russia and could not stop buying it.


Few weeks ago I gave C a call - my every other month call to see how things are moving. This week I got our medical forms (she asked me to get them done between October and November and I did it the first week October - I hope they don't get rejected when we use them next year!!), FBI checks and local police clearances appostilled. So I told her that she would be getting them next week and then proceeded with my "typical" questions: how many families are ahead of us for adopting girls, any clue of when CSS would receive the next girl referral (from Kaluga), and when would it be our turn to travel?

As C had mentioned few months ago, there is still one family ahead of us and if nothing happens CSS expects that there will be a girl referral by mid January. Apparently the other family (who I have no idea who they are) has narrower criteria than us, so depending on the referral CSS may decide to offer the referral to them first or give it to us!!??!! So we are talking about having a 50% chance to get a referral in January!!??!! It's crazy, it took about a week to sink in that there is a chance we may be know some details about our daughter by early next year and traveling by February or March!!! But now I have to chill and cool down... there is also 50% chance the other family will get the referral and that our wait will continue for many more months.

Also for some reason, I am getting the feeling that we may have to increase the age range for our referral... Don't ask me why I feel that, but it is in my head now... So at least Mark and I are talking a bit about it and exploring if we can be open to the possibility of that to happen... We have asked Diego if he wants a baby sister or a sister he can play with, and he said he wants a sister he can play with... When I told him that he would have to share his toys, then his answer changed!! We have also asked him to choose from the three potential names we have for her and so far he is quite consistent with his choice!! It's just so funny!

In the meantime we will continue finishing some home improvement projects, doing some shopping, enjoying this Christmas season, and nurturing Diego so he will be more ready to become a big brother!

3 comments:

Dede said...

Hopefully you will get to travel soon. I'm so excited for you guys.

Beth said...

Getting so excited for you guys! Another January referral? Will you ever get to see Russia in the spring?! Kidding! Can't wait to hear more news.

Chef Jen said...

thinking speedy referral thoughts for you!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers