picture

picture

Sunday, May 2, 2010

We are still here!

Well, not in Moscow, but at home! We have actually being here for a whole week. A WHOLE WEEK! I remember wanting to blog one more time from Moscow, the night before we were flying back, because we had a pretty crazy day, but we were still packing and there was not time. Oh well, maybe in few weeks I can get some time to write something and post the cool pics we got that day.

So, how things are here? Even with all the warnings my mom gave me, I was not prepared to see Diego struggling so much with having a sister and sharing me and Mark! I know, it is normal and totally expected, but he behaves so great with other kids (usually his age or older) and seemed so excited about having a sister that I thought he would be OK. This week was also difficult for him since Mark went back to work and he really got used to and really enjoyed having his daddy around after our almost 2 weeks in Russia. And to top things, it has been really windy here in Phoenix and Diego has pollen allergies, so my poor dude now has a raspy voice and a horrible sounding cough!

Nina... my sweet Nina. In Russia she was an angel; very easy going and just a trooper - thank God! This week has been different for her, since she is experiencing all the newness of our house, the weather and just everything. She is also getting stressed out when Diego starts crying/screaming for things or asking me to put her in the high chair (or anywhere) so I can carry him. The first days, she wouldn't care too much to be put down or go to my mom's arms while I could carry Diego, but in the last days she does not like it and starts crying too! And to top things she is teething now and waking up at night! Yeah, our sleepy beauty is getting tricky at night; hopefully she will not get as tricky as Diego!

On the positive side I think we are all finally on our AZ time and I still have my mom for two more weeks to lend us a hand. This week we have Nina's appointments to the pediatrician and to the naturopath doctor, so I hope we can start tackling her health and move forward in the right direction.

And that's it. I hope I can upload pictures tomorrow or in few days. I hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Heather & Jason said...

Bless you Sinziana. This adjustment sounds harder than anticipated trying to divide your attention between both your little ones. I'm sure it will get better- but its tough! I'm thankful you are willing to share your struggle as I anticipate simmilar adjustments for our family when our baby arrives in September. Thank goodness your mom is there to help- Im so glad for you! Sending you positive, encouraging thoughts and prayers that things will smooth out quickly!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

Hey Sinziana!! it is always impossible to know what will "really" happen when rubber hits the road on new life experiences -- so great your mom is there to be extra loving arms.. it must be so confusing for Diego and Nina -- a newborn sibling leaves the older sib with 1:1 time and also with time to "warm up" over the months... a 1 year old "here I am to clearly be animated and in your space" has got to be hard! But i am sure you guys will ensure he does well overall with all the changes... remember how it felt 1 week home with just him.. now you've got 2 who are going thru major life transitions at the same time... hang in there!!! As Darius Rucker sings..."it won't be like this forever"... and soon enough they'll be thick as thieves :)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers