As I mentioned before, I have been scratching my head trying to come up with a cool activity outdoor for Diego and keep him safe from the heat and sun. Well, we found it! Yesterday morning we were driving to a park few blocks form us so Diego could enjoy the slides and swings... suddenly Mark said "let's take a detour to check our little park reconstruction". Well, we were very happy and surprised to see that the City had finished building pretty cool little water park and installing new slides and stuff for kids. I dropped Mark and Diego, and drove back home to get Diego's trunks, towels, etc!! Diego was a bit cautious at the beginning, but after few minutes he was dragging Mark back a forth through the water "tunnels".




We stayed at the park almost 1 hour (in the water and checking out the swings/slides) and, needles to say, Diego slept like a rock after that for almost 3 hours!! We stopped by the park again in the afternoon around 5 pm, but there was no shade and the sun was kind of brutal.
Today Diego and I went again. We only stayed 30 minutes this time; Diego wanted to go after a dog being walked by a guy, and when I didn't let him, he just came to my arms and then he got cold... the only bad thing this time was that my bag with the towel and dry clothes for Diego got wet by some of the water features that can be moved by kids! So, I striped him down, put a "dry" diaper, and we went home! I hope he does not catch a cold now!
3 comments:
That looks like a fantastic spray park and that is great that is close to your house. Diego looks like he had a blast.
You are so lucky to have that park! We have something similar to that but the hours are right during Artem's naptime and there is no way I'm giving that up!
That looks like so much fun! Eli would love that. How great that it's so close to your house.
Post a Comment