Last week (also on Thursday) was Diego's first play date! I got in touch with a friend from the other firm I used to work; she also had a baby (Ben - 14 month old) and became a SAHM. We went to their house and stayed for couple of hours. I knew that at Diego's age kids mostly do parallel playing, but I want Diego to have the change to learn from imitation of other kids... I think Diego had a good time (he slept well at night, so at least there was no over stimulation!), and for me it was great to get out of the house and catch up with my friend! I brought the camera, but totally forgot to take pics, but I will do it next time!
And then on Friday, we took "more risks", and Diego and I went to the public library nearby our house and stayed for the "Baby Time" program for 0 to 23 month old babies. I know, it was a big source for germs and bugs, but I really wanted to give it a try! We were just 7 parents with babies. Once was 23 month old, then Diego 16 mo, then two babies around 9 mo, two babies around 4 mo, and then a tiny one. Half of the things was singing with the kiddos on the parents laps, then read a book, and then play time. I was REALLY nervous about Diego "ditching" me and going to someone else's lap and totally forgetting I am his mama... He did leave me couple of times and went to the teacher, but he just grabbed the puppet or doll she was using for the song, and I would take him back to our seat... Luckily, the teacher and other parents didn't care. We just stayed a tiny bit for play time, because Diego started putting some toys in his mouth and then he was crawling all the time towards the door... I can report that as of today he hasn't got sick, so maybe he didn't get a bug there!


Besides these "events" things are just moving along... Diego is still drooling like crazy, but I think the process of cutting the molars is still going to take a while... In the meantime, he has been VERY fussy during meal time. So after feeling that we were finally in the groove of things for the meals, we have had some days when he does not care too much about food! However, I think he is still growing... You tell me, is it just the longer hair or is Diego looking more like a little boy instead of a baby?



I know we have been home with Diego for almost 3 months, but now with officially becoming an SAHM, my new "job" begins and I truly have to focus, find a nice balance for us, and do the best I can every day! No more excuses, no more complains (well, maybe just a bit), and really help our Diego flourish! And the last picture just for few laughs!

5 comments:
Congratulations on the new job (SAHM- always wondered what that meant, now I know). Diego is looking very handsome. Have fun
Congrats on the SAHM job! You will find a nice balance and then you may never want to go back to work :)
I can not believe how much Diego has changed in 3 months. He looks wonderful, Sinziana! They grow into little boys too fast.
Enjoy every moment!
Diego does look like he has grown. What an adorable smile!
The teething seems to really affect them. Eli is getting those molars I think, and he's drooling a lot and his appetite is off too.
Congrats on becoming a SAHM! Of all the jobs I've had, it's definitely my favorite!
You really seem at peace with your decision. I am very happy for you.
PS Yes he has grown.
Joy
Congrats on being a SAHM. I am quite jealous. Glad to hear that his first playdate and outing to the library went well. They do play parallel at this age, but I think it's good for them to be around other children on occasion. Bryson has just started to interact a little more with kids and it's so cute!
Post a Comment