picture

picture

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Love this Toy!

Few weeks ago we received a box for Diego. We hadn't ordered anything, so I wondered what it was. I was happily surprised with a wooden name puzzle stool from Damhorst Toys sent by our dear friend Patti. Thank you Patti, you rock!


I assembled it and put it in Diego's playing area and see if he cared about it. Well, after few weeks taking the letters out and checking things around, this week I caught him making little towers with the letters!!!

For the last almost 3 months I have been playing with Diego trying to help him learn the concepts of "on top" (to make little towers or stack things), "put in-take out" (for puzzles or putting things in containers), "put on-take off" (for rings). He loves putting things in and out of containers and can do the rings, but he wouldn't do any towers... Today, I saw him doing a tower with 6 blocks!!! I was soooooo excited when I saw it!!

So, why I am so excited about it? Well, after a somewhat rough start as parents I started reading more and more about attachment and kids development. One thing that got stuck in my head was that feeling loved and secure serves as one of the foundations for the appropriate development of a child. I was fearing that, after 3 months with us, Diego was still not feeling loved and therefore he wasn't able to learn things... I hope this is a little sign that things are moving forward and he is happier with us!

3 comments:

ana said...

That stool is just too precious! Congratulations on the stacking! That is a great milestone. We have been working on it, but aren't there yet.

Dede said...

Yeah Diego!

Beth said...

Congrats Diego! Love the stool - we have one for Luca, but not for Jax yet.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers