Today Diego and I finally made the trip to downtown to the Secretary of State office and got our dossier apostilled!! 26 documents!!! I can not believe it! I was kind of dreading going with Diego, because he was going to get bored quite easily, but between showing around his dinosaur, being charming to the people around, and pushing his small stroller around we survived the hour we were there. There are still 4 documents to get apostilled later: warranty deed (I didn't know I have to get it from the Recorder Office), I-171H (should be getting that soon), and the FBI clearance and medical forms (Carol will tell us when to get them once it's getting closer to our 1 trip).
I have been thinking quite a bit about our daugther lately... I know the waiting could be long this time... but at least, after a week or so when this dossier will reach Moscow we can officially start the timer and every day we will be a bit closer to meet her!!

4 comments:
I'm so very excited for you. It is amazing to see those documents and think you are starting the journey all over again. Adoption has been tugging on my heart for over six months and I have been researching agencies/countries. We are looking at other possible Eastern European or Asian countries.
So excited for you!! I cannot wait to hear more. Are you using the same agency? I'll try to read more once I return to your post!
So excited for you! Can't wait to follow you on your journey to your daughter. We would have been starting the journey to our daughter at this time too if we hadn't had the wonderful surprise of Cara!
That is such a good feeling to get the paperwork out of the house and onwards to Moscow. Congrats. I hope your wait is not as long as predicted. I look forward to following your family's story back to Russia.
WOOHOO! Congratulations! I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey to your daughter. I am so excited for your entire family!
Post a Comment