I know, I said that I would post again with more details about our upcoming trips and I didn't... But today is a special day, so I am back here. March 16 two years ago our son joined our family! I remember it was a Sunday and we had arrived the day before and just couldn't wait one more day to have him forever in our arms. I remember Carol persuading us to wait until the Sunday and have one more night of rest before we truly became parents! Yeah, I have to admit that I haven't slept the same since that day!
It's just funny how for several months now, as we approach to become a family of four, we seem to talk more and more about being a family. I think that was one of the biggest accomplishment of last year with Diego, he finally grasped and understood what a family is and that we ARE a family!
On Sunday when he woke up and started to snuggle with Mark I don't remember how but I started talking to him about the fact that very soon the three of us will be flying together to Russia, he will meet his sister and we will become a family of four. We have tried to be very sensitive with Diego and not overdue the talks about Nina, but I just couldn't help it and just said it "we will be a family of four" and he had a HUGE smile and looked really happy! Not because he is my son, but I think Diego is very sweet with other kids, so I feel pretty positive and hopeful that he will be kind and really good to his little sister!
So today we went to the zoo with is best buddy Pierce, took a 1.5 hours nap, played with bubbles outside, played soccer, made gluten-free muffins (and he didn't like them, oh well!) and sang happy birthday to "us" (his family!). Oh, and he also learned a new word: free-balling - a part of the whole potty training thing! And now some pictures!

4 comments:
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary! Can't wait to see the new family photo with Nina in it.
Congratulations on 2 years! (Our anniversary is April 15.) Hope the potty training goes smoothly. Eli is not interested right now. Every time I suggest the potty, he asks for a diaper!
Can't wait to see pictures of your family of 4!!!
Happy 2 year Family Day! We had a quick cupcake celebration, as Nick was away :( Jax has a plan for dinner and ice cream to celebrate his day - as soon as Daddy gets home. Seems unreal that its been two years since we were in Moscow picking up the boys. Can't believe how much they changed and grown. So looking forward to seeing your family of 4 soon!
Yahoo to you all for the big 2 year mark! that is awesome, and i'll bet flew by in the "whole" picture scene of life!!
I love the new potty training verbage!!! our son is like ana and russ' --- he can tell us he's wet, and that he's done #2 -- and then go into the BR and grab a diaper. hm. why can't he go in and grab the potty chair before #1 and #2? i guess "announcing" the news comes first, then the verbage like diego, then the actual act? :) hoping for news for your trips soon!
Post a Comment