picture

picture

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No News, No Naps

I know, I don't have the right to complain after only 4 weeks and 4 days home (who is counting?), but this waiting period is just no fun... I know it could easily take another month to be back in Russia, but since Carol told me that there was a chance to get our court date last week or this week I am only thinking about that and every day that passes and we get no news is just hard!!!

To top things Diego has decided that he does not want to nap anymore; which a lot of 3 year old boys do... I am OK with it giving the fact that I used to lay down next to him for a while for his naps I was getting quite concern thinking about how would I juggle putting two kiddos down for their naps with two different schedules... At least now, I won't have to worry about that, right? But no naps makes for some long days!! I need to figure out how to slow him down a bit, because he is just getting too whinny in the evenings and by that time I am tired too...

So, that's it... No news, no naps...

3 comments:

Beth said...

Waiting is sooo hard...hope that court date comes this week. As for naps, we are at that point with Jax, too. I have instituted quiet time. So far, so good. He will take 1/2 hour and watch a Leap frog or Ruby and Max video in his room. He usually lays down with his pillow and blanket while he watches it. He seems to switch gears, relax a little, and then he is ready to restart! He also will go to bed earlier, which is nice, too!

Kim and Lance said...

First, let me commiserate on the lack of court date information. I'm sorry, and you totally DO have the right to whine and complain all you want!

Lordy, do I ever remember the first few weeks when Jackson didn't nap! Ay, yay, yay! There were a couple of days when I wrestled him down for one because *I* needed it. Once they get used to being up all day the dinner time crazies get better. We have quiet time after lunch every day too. It helps all of us get through the day. Once summer comes there's more stuff to do outside. That helps break up the day!

Chef Jen said...

you are allowed to whine to us as much as you want!!
it is tough when they lose that nap, for both them and mommy. the upside is that he should go to bed earlier and maybe sleep in later??
hang in there!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers