She is eating EVERYTHING we have offered her and seemed a bit upset when she sees us eating and there is nothing for her (usually we feed Nina and Diego first and after that we eat). The first night was a bit rough for her since Diego is still on a wacko time schedule and woke up at 2 am and started chatting all out loud! We all were in the same bed so I took him to watch Nemo and Mark and Nina continued sleeping. Yesterday we got a crib for her so now she is napping and sleeping at night like a champ, all night straight through!
Diego is the one going through a rougher time. I think the excitement of the first day run out quickly and the jealousy period has started. Whatever she has, he has to have it too! Say a bottle, teething toy, being in the crib, you name it! His sleeping is a mess, so if he doesn't take a nap he is just bouncing of the walls and the tantrums are very frequent. Also if I am carrying her and making her milk or anything he asks me right away that I carry him, so I just pass her to Mark and carry him. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but right now, when our lives are a bit crazy and we are stuck in a tiny hotel room and with a time change of 11 hours I don't feel like battle this. He also went through a bit of hunger strike, but now he is eating more. It was kind of funny, as Mark said, our daughter seems an omnivore and our son is on a hunger strike!
In general Mark and I are doing fine. I can't wait to be in Moscow and have a little more space, because it's getting tiring to prepare meals on the window sill and wash dishes in the bathroom sink! It's also a bit frustrating to see Diego whining so much and looking for any excuse to start a fit, but we know that his normal routine is just gone and the poor boy has just tons to digest and adjust right now. If we could plan this trip again and had a good alternative for his care, he would probably had stay at home. We still have 6 days ahead of us and last night he was asking to go home!
But in general we are amazed and grateful of the sweet girl we have as a daughter! She is being a trooper and little by little showing more of her personality!
And now more photos:
We got a crib!
Chicken strips at KFC.
Leave it to Diego to find Power Wheels at Cathedral built to honor Catherine I's visit to Kaluga.
Stinkercito at the park.
You going to eat that?
Why yes, I am an angel.
Sunday morning at the playground 3 blocks from the Hotel.
Diego eating a Russian, "ding dong."

5 comments:
hehehe... LOVE the crib picture! I'm sorry Diego is having such a hard time. I'm sure the time change just has him really "off". Hang in there! Moscow will be a great change of pace. You have such a beautiful family!!
I love the crib picture too! Nina looks like she is a real trooper and pretty easy going. I'm sure Diego will do better once you get to Moscow and aren't living in such tight quarters.
I started writing a comment, but it was too long, so I just sent you an email! Love the pictures!
I live the crib picture. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. Congratulations!
I love the crib picture. That's what I meant. Typo on my phone :-)
Post a Comment