So, today was the day we have been thinking for the last few months and agonizing a bit for the last few days, our Gotcha Day for our Nina! After almost seamless travel (all the air travel was fine, but we took another route from Moscow to Kaluga and it was SUPER BUMPY) we met Nadya and Margarita at the hotel (Margarita got our adoption decree on April 13). Then we signed some papers, settled in our hotel room, organized the food we brought for Diego and for Nina, put everyone’s clothes in their place and got some groceries. By 10 pm Kaluga time Diego was out, we drank a beer and went to sleep.
This special day started at 9:45 am when we were picked up to go the office to get Nina’s new birth certificate, changed some money, buy some baby food and diapers and the cakes to give to the caregivers. Then we headed to the hotel to eat and rest and at 1 pm we headed to the baby home for the last time. By now Diego was INCREDIBLY excited and as he did several times during the last days he kept saying “I want to see Nina”!
And then the moment was there, brother and sister meeting for the first time and the family was all united at last!
And here are some photos from Trips 1 and 2:
Nina's first uppa.
I, too, can make funny faces.
And in the red corner, hailing from Kaluga Region, Nina, the original Snow White, Urban.
Ye shall forget there existeth the word, "No."
Oh, you again.
What's with the fuzzy face person?
I want Mommy's furry shirt.
"Stop it, stop it, this is embarrassing."
The rest of the day just flew by as we sang Happy Birthday to our girl, tried to take a nap (no luck with either Diego or Nina), had dinner and went to a little park nearby. Diego fell asleep at 7 pm while we were walking back and our Nina took a little while. Now it is 1 am here, Diego is totally awake watching Nemo while Mark is in bed with Nina.
So far things are going smoother than I ever expected with Nina and with Diego. Tomorrow Mark and Diego will go with Nadya to apply for Nina's passport while we, the girls, stay at the hotel. We all hope the weather continues to be nice so we can get out and enjoy out time as a family.

17 comments:
Dear Mark, Sinziana, Diego & Nina,
We are truly happy knowing the whole family is together!!!!! Congratulations again, and God bless your beautiful family. Be back soon!!!!
Your friends,
Carlos, Martha, Andres & Sebastian
Woohooo!!! So happy for all of you! Love, love the photo of Diego meeting Nina :) Have a wonderful, wonderful time together as a family. Safe travels back home.
OH so incredible! SHe is beatiful and sweet and precious! HOping the rest of your journey home is just as smooth and wonderful!
Oh Sinziana she is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations on becoming a family of 4! What a happy day! (And special for us as well - our 2nd anniversary gotcha day for our Eli!)
So happy to see this post! I have been thinking about you guys all day long and praying that today's adoption news wouldn't delay things for you. What a beautiful daughter that has joined your family. I'm so happy for you guys!
We have been praying for you guys! What wonderful news to hear that you got your beautiful baby girl!
Safe travels and enjoy your new daughter!
She is just Beautiful!!!!
Nicole
She is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm so happy for all of you. The picture of Diego and Nina is too precious.
I'm so very glad to see this post and hear that everything is going smoothly. Nina is so cute and so expressive...you can almost hear her laughing. Can't wait to read more!
Beautiful! What a doll. I'm so happy to hear that things are going well. Congratulations.
YIPPEE AND CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so so happy for you -- she is beautiful, and the photo of her and Diego together at last is priceless... Many many happy memories started today to follow your family forever into the future -- enjoy the "quiet times" over there in Russia (that being the family only times before the busy-ness of US life sinks in, not, of course, the media issues)... So very excited for you -
Amy
Wow Wow Wow!
Such great and happy pictures! I'm SO glad to see you all together as a family! She is absolutely beautiful, and the happiness just shines through her--such a difference!
Hugs and happy dancing from here, and prayers for a safe and quick rest of your journey home!
C
Nina is beautiful! I am so happy that you are finally together as a family of four. I'm so glad that Diego is just as excited as you are about Nina. You have some wonderful photos and I think Nina is just precious!
Enjoy your time in Russia and congratulations!!
Blessings,
Carey
Russian Fairy Tale
Yay, yay, yay! We are so incredibly happy to see your little family. Can't wait to see you all!
Congratulations! She is a cutie!
Congratulations to you and your family! She is soooo cute - What precious kids!!
Best always...
Teresa
Woooohoooo!!! So, so happy to see this - you have no idea!! Nina is absolutely precious and I love the picture of the two kids together. I hope the rest of your trip goes flawlessly! Thinking about you!
WOW - Nina is a beauty and it is wonderful to see the 4 of you together!!! CONGRATS! I love her cheeks :) Very happy for you that everything is going so well!
Post a Comment