Today was another "interesting" day in our adoption journey. I talked to the program manager at one of the accredited agencies we are exploring switching to and she mentioned that about 75% of the agencies do not do interagencies agreements. If we decide to switch agencies, we would need our current agency and the new agency to have an agreement so we can use our current agency for the home study and post placement reports, but work with the other agency for the adoption. Otherwise will be have to spend more time and $ just for a new home study!!! I emailed our case worker and asked her about the interagency agreeement, but she emailed back saying she is waiting for her boss's answer about it. If our current agency is not cool with the interagency agreement, it's going to be a huge dissapointment. I just want this process to move on, and so far not even the home study is ready!
Then, once I was reading more closely the application of the agency we are more inclined to use, I realized there were some weir questions like "What do you look like, what are the colors of your hair and eyes, what is your complexion?" I asked the program manager about those questions, and she just said that "they are standard questions" and that it is interesting for them to see how people "think they look like". Mark was thinking later that maybe the information is used to try to match us to a baby that looks like us... Uhm, I don't know... Hey, but if we decide to go with them because their ability to be our and our baby's advocate and get the job done, we will jump through the hoops when they ask us to!

1 comment:
I think this whole world of international adoption is one big "hoop", so practice jumping now! :-) Good luck making your decision!
Post a Comment