picture

picture

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Today and in a few years...

Today I had a check up with Dr. G (my reproductive endocrinologist). Next week it will be 2 months since my surgery. Since the weekend, I was getting quite nervious about this visit. The last few times we saw her, all she did was to give us bad news and break my heart.

She said "things look fine", but then suggested few things that I was fearing. First, she recommended to get a third shot of a medicine that gives mood swings, hot fashes, among other side effects. So, later in the day I had to give my poor husband and couple of coworkers the bad news of one more month of a grumpy Sinziana. Dr G also suggested that an exploratory laparoscopy would help to "verify" the effects of my surgery. WHAT, MORE PROCEDURES!!! I am still recovering from my 5-hours surgery and paying bills, and she wants to make more incisions in my poor belly!!!! NO WAY JOSE!!! I thought that she could not surprise me anymore, but she did. I courteously "declined" the laparoscopy. After getting my shot, I will finaly be free!!! No more of Dr. G!!

On a happy note... Last week we met with a couple of friends who have adorable kids. After our niece and nephews, Jorge and Esteban (pictured below in blue and red, respectively) are the closest boys to our hearts. We have known them since they were born, babysat them a couple of times, and after all these years it makes my heart so happy to see their special bond to Mark. I think the next picture could be us in few years, don't you think? Well, maybe with a little girl instead of Esteban, uhm?

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Yea to one more shot! I don't know what my family would do if I had mood shots - I'm moody enough as it is! :-) Looks like your nephews had a great time hanging and loving all over Mark. :-) Someday we will all have pictures like that with our little ones and I'm with you - one boy and one girl.

Unknown said...

They have done worst things to him! Daddy

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers