picture

picture

Monday, October 15, 2007

Still deciding

Last week just flew by! I think last week I may have worked about 60 hours, which is EXTREMELY unussual for me, I am the 40 hours/week kind of gal... Well, that's what you get when you switch jobs because you want "more opportunities to grow as an engineer and do more interesting stuff"!! Ironically enough, last week was my 1 year anniversary at my new jow, but oh my, it was such a week! And more ironically was that on Friday I went to my friend Jae's highschool to give a little talk about "how cool" is to be a civil and environmental engineer... I was truly feeling like a zombie by the end of the work week...

So, while I was trying to get my work done, I was anxiously waiting for the application packages from the two accredited agencies we are considering. They finally came in the mail on Friday. It was quite interesing that even though they are supposed to do the same, each application form was extremely different. "Agency 1" had many, many pages with very tiny print, and it gave me a feeling of reading something that a lawyer wrote. "Agency 2", had toooooons of questions about the make of the family, and requested a lot of info that I think usually is part of the home study... Agency 2 also included a list of references, which we really appreciated.

Saturday afternoon came and I started calling the references. Funny enough, I started with the last reference on the page, and got the voice mail. Then Mark woke up from his nap (poor guy was not feeling well) and together we sat and started calling each references, and we only got VOICE MAILS!! As we were ready to give up, we called again the last name I tried first and then a lady with a very strong southern accent (they live in Tennessee) answered the phone. We talked for almot 45 minutes, and she loves Agency 2 and gave us tons of great information. She adopted two boys with Agency 2; the first one (11 month old) from the Moscow region and the second (18 months old) from Kemerovo.

Something that came out as a result of this phone conversation, is that if we choose Agency 2 and it is still an option, we will adopt our baby from Kemerovo. Tennesese lady spoked so highly of the quality of the orphanage (well, within the orphanages standards) in comparison to the one in the Moscow region. Also, now that I think about traveling to Siberia, it sounds like a wonderful adventure!! These are some pics I found in the net.


Sibera in Autumm

Cooooooooold Winter

No comments:

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers