picture

picture

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Big Days

Today I finally got an email form our SW letting us know that our HS got certified by the court and that she is sending it to USCIS!!!! YEAAAAAAAH! Finally! It just feels this thing took forever! We should be getting the I-171 in January, but we don't need it for Trip 1.

But we have not received the fingerprints report from FBI, so I called my agency. Our dossier docs are ready to be notarized and appostilled, but I was not sure if we should wait until we get the fingerprints report. Carol told me to get things notarized and appostilled now, so she can send those docs to Moscow and they can start the translation. She thinks the fingerprints report will come by the end of this month (the latest), so by early January I should send it along with our medical forms.

Then, it was the big question: After January, when do you think we would get a referral? She told me that so far, in the Moscow Region, it has been taking about 4 weeks to get the referral and travel. She has not seen any slow down since more agencies got accredited. However, that could happen. She estimated we may be traveling to Moscow by February or March!! That's 2 or 3 months!! I know, it's not bad at all, and I should be jumping out of excitement, but I am really dying to meet my boy... And lately, with the re-accreditation rumors and reading about couples waiting for several months to years, it makes me really nervious and fearful that suddenly things will change in Russia and we will have to wait too...

Well, positive thinking!! We have learned that adopting involves a HUGE dose of faith and patience, so I just have to go one day at a time, and believe that things will happen when they are supposed to happen... In the meantime, let's get ready for tomorrow's "notarizing" and Friday's "apostilling" Big Days!!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Sinziana,
I just found your blog. I am also waiting to send over my Dossier. I hope you do not mind me following your adventure.
Joy

Mark and Sinziana said...

Joy,

I don't mind at all! Actually, I have been reading yours for a little while!

Sinziana

ana said...

Hi! We're with your agency as well.
I've seen you on Stephanie's in process email group, but that hasn't been very active lately. Now I'll be following your blog, and you're welcome to visit ours! We're turning in the corrected rough draft of our home study tomorrow, and our dossier is almost finished. Our timelines seem to be close. Maybe we'll be traveling around the same time, hopefully soon. I worry too about things slowing down. Hope the apostilling went well. That's such an exciting milestone!

Becky and Keith said...

Wooohoooo!!! A milestone! Way to go! That's great that you don't have to wait for your 171 approval before traveling. Definitely means you'll get a faster referral! :-)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers