picture

picture

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Great Feelings!

This past week brought many different feelings to me.... First I was happy we "accomplished" our mission of getting our dossier documents apostilled before Christmas... Then, it hit me that the "true" waiting has begun and that we have NOOOOO or very little control about how this process will move forward.... And then, we I called CSS on Friday, just to check if they received our dossier package and Katrina told me that it was on it's way to Moscow, it just lit my day!!! It was like a part of us was "physically" closer to our little one!!! One more step closer to him!!!

Then, on Saturday night, it was my husband's Holiday Party... A lot of his friends who has learned about the adoption congratulated us and so kindly inquired about the stage of our process... It was kind of surreal to talk about my son, the son who I have not met yet, but who is in my mind all the time and is soo close to my heart!! And to top the night, I ended up chatting for a long time with an awesome girl, who happens to be adopted... It was just amazing to see her bursting into excitement and support when I told her about our adoption journey!!

So, this coming week is my last week before Mark and I head to Vancouver, CA, for 10 days to spend the holidays with my sister and brother-in-law. With the dossier done, I really don't have any excuses for not being productive at work!! Yeah, this week will be BUSY!! But I will still think about the families in Russia right now, and the wonderful moments with their kids, either meeting, going to court, or bringing them home! And for us, the ones waiting for a referral or waiting for accreditations, there is a great year ahead of us!! May God send a lot of blessings this Christmas to bring us closer to our little ones!

2 comments:

ana said...

It's so exciting that your dossier is on its way to Moscow!

So many people are spending this Christmas season waiting on their process to be completed. I've been thinking a lot about how wonderful next Christmas will be, when we'll all be celebrating with our little ones!

Beth said...

Our dossiers probably traveled together, perhaps we will too!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers