picture

picture

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Bummed out! [Need to Chillax]

That's how I feel tonight... I am also big time tired. After being all excited about our dossier in Moscow being translated, I got a call on Wednesday from K asking me for two documents: a copy of my residence card (alias green card) and the license of our home study agency. The first document was no problem, it was just a matter of making a copy and getting my co-worker to notarize it. Our original agency, the one we switched from, finished our HS and I have been bugging them about a copy of their license. They gave me one, but it was going to expire in December 17. I asked for the new one, and even though I called them and told them we were going out of the country for the holidays, as of tonight, it is still not here...

So, tomorrow we will do the trip to the Secretary of State office and get apostilled half of the docs I was requested! At least, the FBI reports came last week and we will get them apostilled too... But no license... So, I am not sure if we can get registered without these documents...

I guess, it is what it is and we tried our best... what bugs me a little, is that after all our efforts and time I spent (instead of working), we could not get this done, and now it will have to wait until the first week of January to get it done...

As Bernie Mac says, I just need to "chillax" and enjoy the holidays...


4 comments:

Beth said...

Sinziana - Enjoy the holidays! And yes, your dossier can be registered in Moscow without the home study license - hope that makes your day! Ours expires on January 1 and we are waiting on the new one also. K. told me - no problem -the dossier can be registered without it!

ana said...

That is so frustrating! We can totally relate. We've been trying to chillax too!! (That word just cracks me up!) We're not able to turn in our dossier until the first week in Jan. because of the holiday, but it's ok. Things will still all work out according to God's plan. Glad to hear that your dossier can still be registered without the home study license. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Tiger & Kar said...

I'm right there with ya re being bummed out and needing to chillax!! We're still waiting on my MIL's fingerprints to come back in order to finally finish our homestudy. In our case, though, we also haven't been able to submit our I600A because our SW told us to hold off on filing it until the HS is done. Supposedly in VA USCIA won't do anything with the 600A unless the HS is attached. No 600A means no fingerprints for that step either! I don't know how far behind this is going to put us, but needless to say I'm pretty stressed about the whole thing.

I'm almost at the point though where I'm going to submit the 600A anyway and hope and pray that they schedule the fingerprint appointment for us anyway. If you have any suggestions as far as that goes, let me know!!

Anyway, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year! 2008 is going to have wonderful things in store for all of us!

Becky and Keith said...

Chillax - that word made me laugh out loud! :-) I hope you are having a great Christmas and that your old agency gets that license to you! Isn't it a wonder how it takes so long to photocopy something?? :-)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers