On Thrusday afternoon, my co-worker and "official adoption notary", Te, notarized 19 documents Mark and had prepared. In 1/2 hour she was done!!! Yeah!!!
Then, on Friday afternoon, Mark and I met at my office and then headed to downtown to the Secretary of State office. There was a chance for rain, which is awfully unusual in Phoenix, so I forgot my umbrella.. I was a little nervious that my "precious" documents would get any water on it, but the rain came later in the evening.
We handed our 24 documents to the lady in charge of apostilling. Then, a friend of her came to "help her", which right away made me nervious. Mark and I had been super quiet, trying not to distracter... At the end, they got it done... Let's just say that I would not be too surprised if CSS tells me that we need to repeat few documents.... Oh well, here you have our apostilled docs:
Uhm, who are these little ones? More in the next post...
Why do I say that we are almost done? We are still waiting for the FBI fingerprint reports, the license of our HS agency (it expires on Dec 17, so we should be getting a notarized copy of the new one this week), the medical reports, and the 171H. If we choose the Moscow region, the medical reports are only good for 3 months, so CSS suggested we get them in early January once the other documents are done. That means that, if CSS doesn't ask us to repeat a document, we may be done for December!!!
I didn't think about the post office being a madhouse for the holidays, but somehow I woke up early to mail our beloved Dossier!!

1 comment:
Congratulations on mailing your dossier!! :)
Post a Comment