First, thank you all for your comments and emails! I really needed them and made me feel way better!
Today I took Diego to the doctor and the ears "look beautiful" (that's what the doctor said)! GREAT!!! And then, another good news: Diego gained 1 pound in 24 days!!! So he jumped from the 5th percentile to the 10th percentile (in the weight curve) in less than 1 month!!! I know, it may not sound like too much, but it took almost 2 weeks to try different formulas until we found out he likes the soy milk mixed with about 1 oz of juice! I also give the credits to the daily Banana pudding and the yogurt (made with whole milk). He is also cutting 4 molars, he after that he will be more suited for eating more table food!!!
He also got his screening for early intervention. I should say it was a very positive experience. The coordinator asked bunch of questions and also gave a lot of good advices... Next week they will call to schedule the full blown evaluation, but she thought he will probably qualify for speech and occupational therapies. I was not surprised, and I am glad we can start tackling these areas early in the game. She also pointed out that with me carrying him in the Ergo for so many hours per day, I will delay him from walking... It's a trade off... He crawls really fast, so at least he is mobile and can have plenty of fun chasing our dog!
The next days will be really busy getting ready for my mom, my sister, and Mark parent's visits. They all wanted to be here for Diego baptism! So, this is it for few days!
Night-night!

4 comments:
That all sounds like wonderful news. I am glad that the evaluation went well. No surprises.
Joy
Good news! As for walking, our pediatrician recommended keeping Simone crawling for as long as we could, to the extent of not encouraging her efforts to walk too much. Apparently, crawling helps the brain form all sorts of synapses that are crucial for language development (seems weird to me, but there you have it), so it's great that Diego is crawling so much. Little tunnels and things that encourage even more crawling are great! Take care,
Lori
Hi, Sinziana,
I emailed you too, but I wanted to say that it is so important for Diego to form an attachment to you right now that I would put all of your focus into that and continue carrying him as much as possible and not worry about when he walks. As a developmental specialist, of course she is going to be concerned about a delay in motor development, and I probably would have thought the same thing as a pediatric speech-language pathologist before we adopted Owen. Now as a mother of a child with attachment difficulties, I would not worry at all about his crawling/walking. Diego will learn to walk. He won't be crawling into kindergarten but may still have attachment problems if they aren't addressed now.
Keep up the good work!! You are doing an excellent job with Diego. Congratulations on his growth and beautiful ears! He's so precious!
Hehehe... I'm glad Diego has "beautiful ears". Sounds like your appointment went well. I love Adrienne's advice... she knows what she's talking about! :-) Enjoy the baptism and your family!
Post a Comment