Now that the house is filled with toys for Diego that employ batteries of all types for the purpose of blaring out the ABCs, Mary's Little Lamb, something about cookies in Spanish, and requests for hugs, we've built a repertoire of batteries: AAA, AA, D, and LR44 (little medical batteries).
While most toys have had the battery compartment closed off via screw, the overall accessibility has been good, i.e. it wasn't rocket science to replace the battery.
But one accessory for an exersaucer was more of a challenge and I found myself wondering if I should cut the blue wire or the red wire to save the world.
For this motion-trigged music-maker, I removed four small screws, split the casing into its two halves and this is what I saw:

A circuit board housing three LR44 batteries, two wired LEDs, and a small piece of C4 putty (jk). I think that if I were to take these internals to the airport with me, I'd get escorted off for a cavity search.
While most toys have had the battery compartment closed off via screw, the overall accessibility has been good, i.e. it wasn't rocket science to replace the battery.
But one accessory for an exersaucer was more of a challenge and I found myself wondering if I should cut the blue wire or the red wire to save the world.
For this motion-trigged music-maker, I removed four small screws, split the casing into its two halves and this is what I saw:

A circuit board housing three LR44 batteries, two wired LEDs, and a small piece of C4 putty (jk). I think that if I were to take these internals to the airport with me, I'd get escorted off for a cavity search.

4 comments:
I vote for the red wire! It sounds more "explosive" and you could save the world! :-) Oooo... maybe you could call Jack Bauer. He always seems to know how to handle these situations. :-) What a good daddy you are by keeping all of Diego's toys up and running.
P.S. Keith seems to think McGyver might be a better pick than Jack. He just looked at the picture. A little bubble gum and dental floss might do the trick. :-)
Becky I think you might be right. Make sure that it is the right type of bubble gum.
I know I must be older then you guys but I remember when toys were so much less complicated.
Joy
You're much more high-tech parents than us. We allowed NOTHING electronic in our house (or at least out of the closet) for the first many months after we brought our girls home. Our friends with bio kids thought we were nuts, but we just weren't ready for the onslaught of beeps and honks and bells and whistles for quite some time. Maybe the difference between girls and boys? My girls were so freaked out by walking Poohs, singing Doras, and giggling Elmos that it took some time for them to get comfortable with them, which was just as well with us. Today they enjoy their electronic toys, Leapsters, and Power Touch book things, but they very much still prefer Legos, old-fashioned non-talking dolls and puzzles.
Oh, and by the way, I'm going with blue. Red seems like the logical choice, but my gut says blue. ;)
~Patti
Post a Comment