picture

picture

Monday, May 5, 2008

Hernia Update

Today was Diego's surgery for the bilateral hernia he had from birth. It's not supposed to be a big deal, but he had to go under general anesthesia. To make the story short, we got there around 8 am and left home at around 11:30 am. Everything went well, but he woke up form the anesthesia too quickly and then he got a little freaked out and scared, but after a shot of demerol he mellowed down and fell asleep... Here you have the before and after the surgery.





He slept for three hours after we got home, then I gave him some juice and more pain killer and passed out for 4 more hours (part of those hours he slept in my arms and the other part in the twin bed with me)... By the time Mark got home, he was ready to finaly leave his room, play a little, and even crawl a bit!

I am so glad this is done!

8 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

So glad to hear his surgery went well.

Beth said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. It is soo hard to see your baby in discomfort. I know I cried after Luca's circumcision and held him all day. I am sure Diego will be up and around in no time - they bounce back so quickly!

ana said...

So glad to hear that his surgery is over and that everything is ok. I know that was so hard for you to go through.

Dede said...

Poor baby. I'm glad everything went well and he was able to bounce back so quickly.

Antoine & Lori said...

So happy things went well -- you must be so relieved to have this behind you. Love the new pictures -- he is so cute. Lori

Becky and Keith said...

Looks like Diego pulled through like a champ! I hope he gets to feeling better soon!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

I"m so happy to hear Diego did so well. I hope he continues to recover quickly. Keep up the good work, Sinzi!

Mary and Michael said...

I hope he is feeling better by now. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers