picture

picture

Monday, May 5, 2008

My Angel's Baptism

As I mentioned before, family came in town last week to meet Diego and be part of his baptism. First came my mom on Monday, and she was able to witness my life as Diego's mom and why and how I am always telling her how "exhausted" I am at the end of the day... As expected, we had few talks, and she tried to give me "pointers" on how to do things with Diego based on how she and dad raised their 4 kids... then, I would go to the "special considerations" we are implementing to promote attachment and help Diego adjust to his new life... She totally got it after few days with us, and was just amazed on how beautiful, smart, and full of energy and life Diego is! I think Diego also like his grandma Dusya!

Then, on Thursday night my sister (5 months pregnant!) and brother in law came from Vancouver and Friday night was the turn for Mark's parents to arrive. The baptism was scheduled for 11:30 am and we had invited about 20 people for the ceremony and lunch, including family and friends. Because the ceremony was scheduled for exactly Diego's nap time and the poor kiddo was going to be either grumpy or sleeping, we got the family pics before we headed to church (check out the future "dancing with the starts" competitor!)...

The ceremony was beautifully done and very emotional for Mark and I... We strongly feel God led us to Diego to give us the opportunity and joy of being parents and then on Saturday, He entrusted us with guiding him through his spiritual life... Giving all the new people around him, having a very short nap, and trying guacamole for the first time, Diego did wonderfully!! Saturday was a beautiful day, we were surrounded by family and friends who care deeply about Diego and his future, and my Diego just looked like an angel...

5 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, Sinziana...he does look like a little angel! It sounds like you had a beautiful day. I am sure your family just loved meeting Diego. You and Mark look so happy, too! (not the least bit exhausted..but I know you are, as are we!)

ana said...

The family photos are wonderful. I agree with Beth, you look so happy and not tired at all! Love the suit Diego is wearing. He does look like a sweet little angel. The baptism is such a special and emotional moment. We're hoping to do Eli's next month.

Dede said...

What a cutie! I'm sure the family enjoyed meeting him.

Joy said...

I have just started to talk to my family about the differences between my future baby and the other babies in my family. These are hard discussion to have.
Joy

Becky and Keith said...

You all look so wonderful - you, especially look so pretty! What and awesome day and time spent with family!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers