we will see Diego again! In the past weeks I have finally understand the pain and sorrow parents talk about when they have to wait many weeks or months until they see again their sons or daughters-to-be. It's 100 times worse than the wait for the registration and travel dates for the referral!!! Believe me!!
This trip will be really quick. We depart on February 29, land on March 1, visit Diego on March 2, and have the court appearance on March 3. Fly back on March 4. I hope we go to court early enough so there will be time to visit Diego again... But we'll see... In the meantime, we hope to receive our visas tomorrow and make copies of them, get some cash, and put our homestudy in our travel bag to read it in the plane... Supposedly, the judge will ask questions based on what's in the homestudy...
Something funny Mark and I are going through these past weeks is the adjustment of our "party house" to make it safer and more welcoming to our little boy!! For years it has been just 2 adults and 1 dog in a 2000-sf house, but somehow we managed to almost filled every single area and closet in the house!!! So yesterday we went through my bills and got rid of bunch of old stuff and took it to my office's shredder... We also went to IKEA and bought a bookshelf that "hopefully" will help us keep our home office more tidy and organized... The next thing is to finish baby-proofing the house... I know, we are a bit behind, but we'll get it done before Diego comes home!

7 comments:
It's funny that our house, although kinda smallish by today's standards, was always roomy enough for 2 adults. Somehow now with the addition of a little, 28 lb. guy, it seems kinda cramped at times.
We thought we had a pretty solid handle on childproofing and had the house prepped enough before we left for Trip #2.
Right.
There's only so much that can be moved above the imaginary 3' horizontal line that now runs through every room in the house. And there's only so many times you can say "Nyet!" before you just give up and get rid of that favorite table lamp that draws little fingers like a magnet.
Don't get me wrong - we're still loving it - but the joys of parenthood are certainly challenging at times...
Sounds like you're in the nesting phase! My house is very clean right now, but we need to finish babyproofing!
You're right - this waiting is horrible and 100x worse than waiting for a travel date. I'm so excited for you, that you get to see your sweet Diego in less than a week.
Thanks for the tip about the home study. I hadn't thought about that, but we could review ours while we're waiting.
Can't wait to see you guys in less than a week! Have fun babyproofing - our coffee table in still in the basement - 2.5 years later!
I am so happy for you. I have my calender here and guess what?
You will have Diego home for Mother's Day and Father's Day!!!
What a great way to start out all the firsts in his life.
You are in my thoughts and prayers
Joy
Sooooo close! Soooo close! :-) I know you must be ready to go!
I'm betting Diego will unpack that Ikea bookshelf on an ongoing basis! Am trying to transition our house from teens and preteen (passworded computer, gadgets everywhere!) to toddlerdom--who knew how many outlets one small house could have?! We'll be in court about a month after you, so wishing you the BEST of luck and judges, and let us know how it goes. Sally & Carlos
Hope you have a safe trip back to Moscow and hope court goes very smoothly for you. I know you're excited to be seeing your precious baby soon! Looking forward to hearing about it, and you'll be in our prayers.
Post a Comment