We continued playing with few toys, taking pictures, and without noticing, the time was up when our Diego started sucking his thumb and falling asleep on daddy's chest. We gave him back to the protective caregiver (who I found peeking at us several times!) and left. Next stop: the Moscow Regional Court!
Podolsk is south of Moscow, and the court is in a town called Krasnogarsk, which is west of Moscow. Once our guide told us that we understood it would be about an hour and a half car ride!!!! It is just amazing, I think we spend about 50% of the time in the car in crazy traffic or silly right turns (there are hardly any left turns, so sometimes you have to do three right turns to go to the left!!)!! Once we got to the court building, which was a REALLY new, nice, and clean building, it took about 5 minutes to get there, sign our names in a register, and drop our legal petition, including all our dossier docs!
After that I was passing out and dying to get to the appartment, which took at least another hour. Somehow, after we got "home", we found energy to meet Rob and Dede for dinner and had a great time with them! I think they wanted to "party" before their Gotcha Day!
Today our guide took us sightseeing to the Red Square/Kremlin and the inside of the Church of Christ Redeemer. Both the Kremlin and the Church are beautiful! Then we did some shopping and at 1 pm we headed to the Russian Clinic for our 8-doctors medical exam. The exam with all the doctors took about 45 minutes total(it was a piece of cake - all those doctors were really nice!), but before and after we had to do some serious waiting until we got the certificates signed and and stamped. We left the clinic at 4:30 pm! And then, hit the CRAZY traffic of Moscow again!
We got home almost at 6 pm, I made dinner (our dinners have been half out and half in to save some $$) and then head out again! Why? Mission: Diego's birthday celebration!! We decided we wanted to get a card so the caregivers and us can sign it, a little outfit so he would look even cuter in the pictures, and a cake! We headed to Novy Arbat and after finding two baby stores and the supermarket these were your picks:
I am going to bed now! I am sooooo tired and after all these days between the 10 oF and 35 oF, my throught is sore and I think I am finally coming down with something... I hope tomorrow we get some nice pictures for Diego's birthday celebration. It know it will be something pretty simple, but someday, when we will show him the scrapbook with all these memories, we want to make sure he knows he stole our hearts from the very start!!

5 comments:
I'm not looking forward to that Moscow traffic!
Diego sounds so cute! Love the birthday stuff. It's so great you can celebrate his birthday with him. You'll have some great photos and memories to share with him later.
Hope you were able to get some rest.
That's a cute little outfit guys! Can't wait to see the birthday boy's photos! Enjoy your special day out in Podolsk with Diego!
You know, I live in Atlanta which has some pretty horrible traffic so I can't even imagine how bad Moscow must be! I'm so afraid I'll have to go to the bathroom while stuck in traffic! :-) I love the outfit and what a great idea to get a card and have all of the caregivers sign it. Happy Birthday to Diego!!
I think it is so great that you can be there for his birthday. I love the outfit. It sounds like the care giver really loves hm.
Joy
Make sure you print out all of your blogs and put it in the scrapbook too. He will enjoy reading this story when he is older :)
Post a Comment