It's funny, two years ago, when we got the "email" (for Diego we didn't get a call), we were asked if we could be in Moscow within a week to meet our son. At that time, both of us were working and we said we needed more time so our date to be at the MOE was moved from January 22th to January 28th. This time, with a child to take care of and coordinate for, we got The Call on January 6 and asked to be in Kaluga to meet the MOE on January 18th. But Russian adoption has changed in such a way that if you "need" more time, then you may risk loosing your referral.
So we could say that we are as ready as possible, except that Diego and I came down with nasty colds/coughs and while his pediatrician said his immune system seems to be fighting it alright, I got antibiotics and cough medicine and I REALLY hope I will be fine by Friday. Man, next week I will be freaking out with the cold and the fear of coming down with something again...
And now we are just waiting... for what? For our visas to arrive on Friday morning, yes, 24 hours before we are planning to depart!!??!! Two years ago, they misspelled Mark's last name and we had to send his passport back, but we had an "extra" week to spare, this time we don't!! Oh well, positive thoughts and lots of prayers for our little baby waiting, for getting back our health, for getting my sweet Diego ready for this, and for the VISAS!!!

4 comments:
Congratulations on getting everything all set. We were haunting our front door waiting for our visas to arrive the same morning we flew out for court, so I know your pain!
Best of luck with the trip, I can't wait to hear how it goes!
I've got my fingers crossed for you that the visas will be back in time!!
I know the anxiety you are feeling. We drove to the airport and picked up our passports and visas about 8 hours before our flight was to leave. I think the stress is just another part of the adoption journey. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Hope everything comes together! Have a wonderful trip. Lori & Antoine
Post a Comment