picture

picture

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday were...

Great and Pretty Good...

Yesterday was the last day we were visiting our baby, so I decided to just forget about the little things that bugged me the previous day and just enjoy as much as I could! We went to the notary first to sign one paper, paid our 300 rubles and then head to the baby home. There, our girl was all bundled in her snow suit and we headed to get her passport picture taken. It was funny, her outfit under the snowsuit was a red footed suit with soccer and basket balls - kind of boyish! Well, when Diego got his passport picture taken he was wearing a turquoise sweater and pants with kitty cats on the sweater, which was kind of girly!! Oh, my poor kids and the stuff they used to wear!!

When we finally got back to the baby home we headed to our dear gym room and after finally taking some family pictures we moved to the back part room and just got down on their comfy pads and played with the toys around. We also sang songs to her and suddenly, she started babbling bah-bah-bah! They had told us that she says mama and baba, but we hadn't heard anything until then!! It was just great to hear her sweet voice! She was also quite active; she kept grabbing our fingers and pulling herself up and then she bounced and bounced! By 2:30 pm she looked sleepy and gave her back to the caregivers.

After that we met with the head doctor at the baby home and asked few questions related to one of our baby's diagnosis. She answered our questions and then she showed us a magazine where our baby is in the cover!! Apparently our baby's and the doctor's last names are the same, and people joke that they may be related because they "like" each other a lot!

The next stop was the bank and the Cafe Spoonfull, which is next to the Saint John Basilica. We ordered some chicken and mushroom blintz (blinis or crepes) with the help of Nadia (then she left) and then we order a couple more! The tea was also really good and felt great inside after having to endure the crazy temperatures outside (-20 oF). The final stop before taking a short break was to go to the souvenir shop and pay for the stuff we intended to pay the day before (the shop is on the same block as the restaurant "The Wall," right next to the pharmacy with the green colored red cross sign).

At 6 pm we were picked up again for the final visit at the baby home. Once again, we had a great time with our playful, happy, engaging and babbling baby!! Our baby seemed very interested in Mark, so I just chilled and took the pictures. I really enjoyed seeing them together, since the previous day she seemed a bit apprehensive of Mark. We showed her the album with our family pictures, played a bit with the blanket we brought for her and then it was time to say goodbye.

Today we were picked up at 9:00 am, picked up one more document to bring to Svetlana and then we headed to the airport because... yes, Singapore Airlines found our luggage! We would have just pick it up on Saturday morning on our way out of Moscow, but our Xrays were in the luggage and we need them for tomorrow's 8 doctor examination. We were out of the airport by 12:30 pm, and supposedly depending on the traffic it could take about 50 minutes to get to the CSS office... Well, the traffic was HORRENDOUS and by 3 pm we finally made it to the office.

The good thing of the LONG drive of today was that, besides taking a much needed nap, I had time to think about our son Diego. Today, two years ago, we met Diego for the first time! Because of my Diego I am a different person; I became a mother and he had the patience and perseverance to show me how to meet his needs and be a better, more understanding person. Years ago, I thought I would make a difference in the world by being an environmental engineer; now I know that for some time my purpose in life is to raise my son (and daughter in few months) and make my best to love them and help them to become loving, compassionate and kind people. I can't wait to go home and squeeze Diego in my arms!

And just to end today's post; as few people commented, today we were asked about the name we had chosen for our daughter. Well, in this case, Diego was the one who chose between Nina, Lena and Nadya. And the winner was Nina Elena! Enjoy few more pictures!




6 comments:

Kim and Lance said...

Now comes the hard part... having your heart torn in two. One part in the US with your precious son, the other stuck in Kaluga with little Nina. My wish for your family is that your heart is made whole again as quickly as possible.

Safe travels,
Kim
PS-Best of luck with the medical exam!!

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

I get chills just reading what you about meeting your baby girl. Congratulations!! I am so glad things are going well. Kaden was 9 months old when we met him. Just reading your blog brings back so many memories. I also loved reading your comment on you thought your purpose was making a difference with work but really it was becoming a mother! Totally understand what you mean. Safe travels. I am interested in hearing more about the process in Kaluga. How long until you go back for court? I hope not long b/c I know this is the hardest part of the process

ana said...

Reading this brings back memories for me too. Eli was 8 1/2 months old when we met him. They are so precious at that age. And I remember that awful traffic. We always took naps in the car too!

Love your daughter's name! Hope your medical exam goes smoothly.

Carolynn and Steve said...

I'm SO very glad to hear that things went better on your last day in Kaluga! Best wishes on your physical tomorrow, and with the trip home---
I LOVE the name, too!

HUGS!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Sinziana,

I remember your first adoption, we were just on the tail end of that. WE followed your blog for about the time you were leaving for trip two to get Diego.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I didn't know you were adopting again. Congratulations! Girls are alot of fun and so different in some ways, but still just as sweet and cuddly as boys! :)

Ondrea

Dede said...

I love the name, tell Diego he did a great job picking it! Congrats again on your new daughter and I hope you get a quick court date. Have they given you any estimate? Safe travels.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers