Even though we have gone trough this before, the whole accepting a referral based on a tiny medical report was quite nerve racking. We have requested a bit more information based on the recommendations of our IA doctor, but we are moving forward and hopefully we will get the visa application package ready by today or tomorrow morning so it will be at the consulate office first thing in the morning (right now the consulates are closed due to the Russian holidays).
I hope the rest of the arrangements will be completed this weekend, but to be honest the other part that has me worried is Diego. We haven't told we are going to travel and leave him with his grandpas yet. Fortunately we started talking about his sister more often in November and December, but still it will be hard for him. If you have a chance, please make a little prayer for our little one so he will adjust OK to not having his parents for a week.
OK, gotta get ready for getting my chest Xrays today, get the money order for the visa, get new bills, and my passport picture (even though I feel kind of sick and look kind of terrible, the picture needs to be taken today!).
I meant to write sometime about how great this Christmas season was for us and specially for Diego and how hopeful we are of 2010... I guess we just have to switch gears and get all ready for the cold in Russia!

10 comments:
Ever since I saw your comment on FB I kept checking here. Wow, talk about fast notice. It's like when we adopted Artem and you adopted Diego, fast turnarounds!! It's almost 2 years to the day from when you met Diego. :)
Very exciting news! Congratulations!
Jill, John & Thomas
Congratulations on your referral! After traveling blind for Diego, I'm sure it was strange to actually get a referral with pictures before leaving. Praying for Diego to have a easy time while you are gone.
And can't wait to hear more details about your baby girl!!!
So excited for you!! We're leaving on the 14th to meet our little girl in Pskov - we were originally registered in Kaluga. Have a great trip and I can't wait to read about your journey!
That's great news. Getting to meet your daughter
will far outweigh the fact that you are traveling to
Russia in January.
Congrats! I have been checking your blog for updates, even though I haven't been great at blogging. I am so excited to hear that you are going to meet your little girl! Congrats and good luck.
Dana
Congrats, Sinziana! Prayers for Diego, although I am sure he will be fine! I know I worried sooo much about leaving Luca when we were in Russia - if you need any fun ideas on things to do for Diego while you are gone, just holler. We did a bunch of things for Luca and my parents said it was great for him! Can't wait to hear all about your little girl! Enjoy the cold - AGAIN :)
Congrats! I am so excited for your family! I can't believe you have to go back to Russia in the winter time again. I'm about to go check the map and find out exactly where Kaluga is. I guess we won't get to meet up in Starbuck's this time around. ;-)
Hi Guys!
I followed your blog when you adopted Diego. You and Mark, Tiger and Kar, Dede, Susan and Randy were all reasons we chose CSS as our agency for this adoption.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! How very exciting!! We'll be traveling blind to Moscow on Saturday, Feb 8th to meet our little boy, so we're right behind you. We hope your trip is safe and look forward to following along!!
YAY!!! So excited things are happening so quickly. Your travel dates are just around the corner! We'll definitely be praying for Diego and for a wonderful trip for you. Hugs!
Post a Comment