picture

picture

Monday, March 3, 2008

We are finally Three...

As at approximately 12:15 pm the judge granted the petition of becoming Diego's parents! Even after a whole long day repeating in my head that now I have a son, tears still come to my eyes at this moment. Below, a few pics at the court house (the room where he "heard" the words, the hall where we waited for hours, and the happy campers).





Our appointment was for 10:30 am, but because of the bad traffic and pretty nasty weather V&V picked us up at 8:40 am and we were there at 9:30 am! Then somehow our hearing started at 11:30 am, and after that we had lunch, and then we had to wait until V was done with the Esposito's hearing (she was the translator for them too). At least the cafeteria had decent food for good price, otherwise we would have passed out with soo much waiting... And then, to the notary and Svetlana's office to fill the forms for the US embassy for trip 3... And to top things, thanks to Putin, who was driving through "his highway", we got stuck in the traffic for a while (we fell asleep so we don't know for how long), but we finally got home by 6 pm!!!

Yesterday and today had been pretty intense days... but now we are a bit more than "half way there", as Mark indicated to me... We were too tired to try to do a fancy dinner so we got a pizza, some juice, some vodka (for my boss, brother-in-law, and us), and some dessert to celebrate.

Now we are three, and we have a son... This is to you, our Diego!

11 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

I have been stalking your blog ALL DAY! CONGRATULATIONS to the new mom and dad! I have tears in my eyes as I am reading this. You both look so happy! Mark is right - you're half way there and the second half is the best! :-) And just think - until Diego is old enough to eat dessert, you get to eat his too! How much better can life get! :-) Sending lots of hugs your way.....

Anonymous said...

HOLAAAAAAAAAAA!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was waiting the whole day for your posting, I am so happy that Diego has tjhe most wonderfull familly he could ever ask for.
I cannot wait to see him, oh my God, we already love him soooo much!!!

Ron and Dinia said...

Congrats guys! I know it was a long day for ya'll, but the end result more then makes up for the lousy weather and terrible traffic we had here in Moscow today! You guys must be thrilled to get the court date behind you. Safe travels tomorrow and best of luck on Trip 3.

Paka!

Dina and Ron

Rob said...

Awesome news!

Just reading about it zaps me right back to that very same courtroom (I think) and I still remember feeling like I was floating as we left the courthouse.

Savor your remaining time in Moscow, guys. Things are likely to get crazy hectic on that last week when you'll be running around doing paperwork WITH Diego in tow!

Now that he's officially yours, let's see some photos!

Aaron & Dana Craven said...

Congratulations!! I'm so glad to hear everything went well. Just think 10 more days and you never have to leave Diego again!

ana said...

Congratulations, Mom and Dad! You both look so happy!

Joy said...

I am so happy for you three. I bet you can not wait to pick him up and love him to pieces.
Joy

Beth said...

Sinziana and Mark - We could not have been any luckier than to have had the two of you (and Diego!) to share our experiences here in Moscow with. It makes us so happy that Jaxon and Diego will forever share this special day. See you in less than 2 weeks! Congrats again!

Cancer said...

Awesome!!! Hope to talk to you soon when you safely make it back home.

Antoine & Lori said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for the two of you -- I feel a little like we've gone through the process toegether, albeit in cyber-time! Congratulations again -- can't wait to see the pictures. Lori

Mary and Michael said...

Congratulations to you both. Wonderful news. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Sinziana - Thank you for taking the time before your trip to answer my email. I know you had so much more on your mind at that time and I really appreciate it.

- Mary

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers