picture

picture

Monday, November 19, 2007

Curveball

Today our social worker call me to my office and told me that she received the final and certified homestudy!! So, she is mailing us 3 copies (2 for the dossier and 1 for us), 1 copy for CSS, and one for the court!!! Yeah!!! FINALLY!! For us, this is kind of huge! Just remember, that we had our first HS interview on August 5, so it has taken more than 3 months to get this done. So, now that this milestone is done, I decided to start the clock!

While the dossier docs are moving along, on Friday I got a "curve ball" that kind of caught me by surprise. I am renewing my residency card (greencard), which expires on January 3, 2008. So I went to my appointment with USCIS (yes, my buddies in the Immigration Service) for my biometrics (fingerprint from my index finger, signature, and my picture). Once they were done, I asked when they thought I would get my new card. Apparently, it could happen 6 weeks after my fingerprints are done, and they have not scheduled that yet! Then, when I went to my office, I checked the timeframes for issueing greencards at the California office, where mine is being processed... well, it said SIX MONTHS!!! Are your serious!!! That means, after my greencard expires, I will still be legal in this country because I have started the process for the renewal, BUT I can't leave the country!! That means NO WAY we're traveling to Russia until I get my new greencard!!!

But you know what, I am not going to get to upset about it... Having our baby is in God's hands, and He know when is our time... In the meantime, we will continue reading, working out, and praying that our little angel is safe and waiting for us.

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

6 months?? Maybe a nice letter to someone about your adoption will help speed things up? Never hurts to try! Hope you are having a great thanksgiving!

junglemama said...

Wooo-hooo! We are exactly where you are in the process. The homestudy is a huge part of the whole process.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers