This weekend was good!! I did some Christmas shopping for my mom and grandma, and then I head to the library! Yeah, me in the library!! Even though Mark and I are terrible book readers, we realized it is about time for us to read and learn more about babies, their grotwth milestones, their food, etc, etc. So we got:
Caring for your baby and young child: Birth to Age 5
From the American Academy of Pediatrics
Touchpoints: Birth to Three
From T. Berry Brazelton
We started with Caring for Our Baby and will probably take Touchpoints to our trip to IL to read while waiting for the several planes and trains we will take. After that, I will try to find Love & Logic Magic for Early Children, which was recommended by my agency... Also, I will start reading the website for the adoptive families magazine... I know, more and more reading...
I also took a look at the stash of clothes my sister has given me from her tripplets... Well, most of the clothes is for 0 to 6 months!! Luckly, she still has tons of her toddler's clothes and once we meet our baby and get an idea of age and size, she will send it to us!
Now, on the adoptiong front, just plugging along the list of 18 documents we need for the dossier... I am not really hurring, because it still going to take few weeks of the home study to be approved by an AZ court, and then it will be the wait for the form H-171.

1 comment:
Those books sound good! All of the information you read in the beginning is so overwhelming. I also recommend the Russian Adoption Handbook. It's a bit outdated but has some really good practical advice! I've also read What Size Shoes Does She Wear... cute book with some good advice.
Post a Comment