Today Mark and I went again to the Phoenix Police Headquarters to get our fingerprints done!! This is my fourth time and Mark's third time since we started the adoption process. This time is for the FBI Identification Record or Criminal History Record that we need to include in the dossier... Our agency told us that, after specifying a deadline and reason for the record, it ussualy takes no more than 3 weeks. Well see, so far the fingerprints have been the bottle neck in this process...
But I am not going to complain... Today, after many many weeks of waiting, our social worker emailed us that my background clearance (related to my fingerprints) finally came, so she can FINALLY finish our home study. She emailed us the draft, and the home study agency is reviewing it too. I am just glad that one more milestone is almost done!!!
This week I decided to tell one of the prinpicals of my company about our decision of adopting. Our agency suggested that the employee letter we need for the dossier is signed by the "highest" ranking person in the company that we can get. I was a little nervious, but he was really cool and seemed very interested in learning about our journey... I don't know, day by day I am getting more and more excited about this... and part of me wants to tell everyone that I am having a baby!!!
I am also getting a bit nervious... Since we switched agencies, we got in touch with other families working with CSS. Well, it is just crazy!! Some people have had no "waiting" at all!! Their dossier is barely translated, and then the travel plans start!! It is SCARY... but GOOD SCARY!

No comments:
Post a Comment