picture

picture

Friday, November 9, 2007

We did it!

This week I had thought many many times about doing it, and today we did it! Mark and I sent a mass email to friends from his office, my office and other close friends and made the announcement: We are expecting a baby, a Russian baby boy!! Well, we did not specify the gender, but we will probably have a boy!

Also, even I am not going full purple, I wanted to aknowledge that November is National Adoption Awareness Month! Adopting is a wonderfull thing that more and more people need to be aware of and become more sensitive about it; it is not a "second choice", it is GREAT choice!
Now, some friends may wonder why Russia? We considered a lot of factors: time lenth of process, number of trips, requirements, and affinity with culture. This last one was important, because with Mark being half Lithuanian, Russia's culture appealed to us a lot! Also the age, how old will be our boy when he comes home? We are asking for a baby 18 months of younger, so he will be less than 2 years old when he comes home.
I got several responses and congratulations, which felt great! Thank you, my friends (and readers) for your support and kind words!

1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

Isn't it so exciting to make your announcement?!?! So many people will have so many questions and be so happy for you! Enjoy it!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers