picture

picture

Sunday, November 4, 2007

One milestone at a time!

Well, one of my "milestones" for November is completed!!! On Friday we found out that we were approved by the agency we switched to: Catholic Social Services (CSS) in the Charlotte Diocese, in NC. We received the acceptance package in the mail, which feels like the first step for us to really move forward in this adoption journey...

I think all this initial waiting for the fingerprints results and home study has really helped me to calm down and understand that in this process there will be plenty of things out of my control and I just have to adjust... I think the "critical path" (here is the engineer in me talking) to get the dossier package complete will be the home study and then H-171H, which is dependent on the home study. I really don't know how long it takes for the H-171H after the home study is sent to USCIS, but right now I am kind of guessing 2 months... That means our dossier may be sent to Russia by January of February... and after that we'll see...

This weekend I found myself talking a lot about the adoptions with my mom and couple of friends... I used to feel kind of weird for thinking about this adoption so much, but I guess it is really like being pregnant. If I was pregnant, people would ask me about it and I would talk a lot about it... It felt really good!

Also after many many months of not buying anything for my baby, I bought a super cute hooded towel, don't you agree?!?
And here is sweet daddy and mama Lion, too!


1 comment:

Becky and Keith said...

Congrats on being approved by the agency!! So many people seem to going there, so I'm sure it'll be a great agency to work with. Love the hooded towel! It's way too cute! :-)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers