picture

picture

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dates Confirmed!

Our travel dates were confirmed yesterday and I got freaked out again! Since then, we bought our tickets, send our application forms to the Russian Consulate for the visas, and tonight we will hopefully do the apartment reservations. I have to admit, I have traveled many times before, and to places far far away, but I have never felt so overwhelmed!

Today I got two voice mails from my mom. Apparently she didn't sleep well last night thinking about our upcoming trip and wanted to check how I was doing. When I called her back, she asked me again to explain her what will happened during trip 1. I think she finally got a better idea of the emotional roller coaster this process can be... I had a meltdown and cried a little... I feel quiet exhausted and nervous, but I feel much better now. Nothing better than venting to mommy!

It's a good sign that things are moving forward for a lot of families and more travel dates for trip 1 are being set! Isn't it a great way to start the New Year!!??!!

9 comments:

ana said...

Congratulations on getting confirmed travel dates! I know it's overwhelming, but it sounds like you've got everything taken care of. I'd love to hear which apartment you get. We're planning to rent an apt. when we go in 3 weeks.

I know what you mean about feeling exhausted and nervous. I feel that too. We're going to be parents soon! It's amazing!

Becky and Keith said...

Oooo... Ooooo... Oooooo!!!!! DATES!!! Yippeeeee!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm so glad you had your mom to turn to. As much as you are excited there is that whole level of nervousness and being scared of the unknown, etc... I am so very excited for you and can't wait to hear more! Hugs!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations! I just saw on our blog that you are leaving on the 3rd. I thought you would be leaving earlier. We WILL get together when we are there!! Both of us will be busy during the day with kiddos but during the night we can get together. Where are you staying at? We plan on getting an apartment. Maybe we'll be close and we can get together and cook dinner and hang out.

Rob said...

Congrats guys! Dede & I are leaving for Moscow on Friday and we'll be there for 3 weeks since we're not returning home after court. Maybe we can all hook up for coffee or dinner or something!

Mark and Sinziana said...

Susan/Rob,

Definitely, we should get together for coffe or something on the evening of February 2. Susan and Randy will be tired, but I think it would be cool to have a chance to meet you all!
Sinziana

Tiger & Kar said...

Congratulations! We're turning in our dossier to C on Saturday, and are hoping it is sent to Moscow sometime next week. Hopefully we'll get travel dates quickly. I'm sure you're nervous, excited, anxious and unsure what to expect. I'm starting to feel the same way and we're not even registerd yet.

ana said...

I wish all you guys were going to be in Moscow while we're there! It looks like we're going to miss you by a week.

Beth said...

Looking forward to meeting up with you and Mark in Moscow. Can't wait to meet our little ones!!!

Joy said...

Wow,
It seems like so many PAP are getting close to traveling to meet their little ones. I know how hard it is on Gerard and me so we try to keep our families in the dark a little bit. I am still telling am them that we will not hear anything before September. I look at it this way if we get travel dates before then it will be a big surprise.
Joy

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers