As my last post title, the last few days were just very hard for me and I just tried to control my anxiety and be quiet... As all of you, I had to patiently wait until the orthodox holiday was over and the CSS folks returned to the office in Moscow. Last time I talked to C and even in an email I got from her at 9 am today, we discussed the possibility of the Russian judge not accepting my temporary resident document and postponing the court appearance. Last time I checked, the USCIS is taking from 6 to 12 months to process new greencards, so having to wait for that long to be able to finalize this adoption was just a daunting thought!! We were even thinking about pushing the trip 1 for several months, so there would not be too much time between trips.
Then suddenly, around 1:45 pm Phoenix time (3:45 South Carolina time) I got an email from C asking about my I-171H. I told her the fingerprinting was done in August, the HS was submitted in early December, and that we should be getting it anytime now (AZ takes 1 month to process it). 30 minutes later I got this email:
"Sounds good – that being the case, do you want us to register you in the Moscow Region as soon as possible? They will allow us to register a family who doesn’t have CIS approval if it’s expected soon."
WHAT!!??!! For days I had been killing myself, getting psychologically prepared for the potential delay of this adoption process, and now I am being asked if I want the dossier to be register ASAP!! I called Mark and we conferenced C in. Apparently C had talked to S (our Russian coordinator in Moscow) about my situation and S though the Moscow judges will probably be familiar with situations like mine and understand that the document USCIS issued for me is valid and as good as the green card! Judges in other regions, may be less familiar, and other judges like in St Petersburg, may be familiar but may "choose" to give me trouble about it... So, there was another reason for us to stick with Moscow and move forward with the registration of our dossier!!
We talked about few other things, but the next big question was: when do you think we will be traveling?
"Could you guys be ready for January 19?"
WHAT!!!!! I was told by C before, that usually 2 weeks after the dossier is registered, the family is traveling to receive their blind referral (in Moscow). So, call us crazy, but we told her that January 19 was toooooooooo soon, and if possible (if MOE is OK with it) we would prefer to stick with the 2 weeks to get everything ready and not give ourselves and our bosses a heart attack.... C was cool with our response, and this Friday we will find out if our dossier was registered that day or if it will happen on January 18.
WE ARE FREAKING OUT!!!

4 comments:
WOW!! Congratulations to you both! This is so amazing. I can't wait for your next update!
Well goodness, girl!!! THAT IS AWESOME! Sounds like you are weeks away from meeting your little one! Going to the Moscow region sounds great - lots to see and do during your stay. I'm SO very excited for you and definitely glad that the green card won't hold things up! Time to celebrate (and get packing!!) :-)
It is hard to switch gears mentally. At lunch today, R & I were talking about how we need to be ready to travel as early as 3-4 weeks from now. Even though we really want it, we don't feel ready, and it freaks us out to think about it, so I know exactly what you mean!
It's wonderful that the green card will not cause you lengthy delays. It sounds like you'll be traveling very soon! We're excited for you!
Congratulations!! I love how our agency is so willing to work with people and their schedules. They were very understanding when we asked to back our trip #1 up a month. Two weeks will fly by and before you know it, you'll be on an airplane saying, "Can you believe we are going to Russia???" :-)
Post a Comment