picture

picture

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pretty quiet

That's how it feels until the Russian government and MOE goes back to work on January 9. In the meantime, last Friday we had a second "attempt" to apostille the few documents that we still have pending: medical forms, results of the criminal records, copy of my green card and the license of our HS agency. The first attempt was in December, just before we were heading to Vancouver. This time, the VDRL results were not ready and we may have to wait a week or so... So then C suggested to wait until the medical forms are ready and then send the whole package at one.

Something else that I learned when I talked to C this week was that dossiers are only registered on Fridays and that no new dossiers were registered in December. That means new dossiers like mine were only translated. She didn't seem too worried about the delay the of remaining docs and mentioned that before CSS registers more dossiers they want to check if anything will change as a result of the 20+ more agencies accredited. It may take a little more time to get dates for first trips, or more time for referrals (for the regions that still give a referral), etc. It makes sense to me.

Besides apostilling the few docs I mentioned above there is something else in my mind. C and I discussed the fact that my new green card is being processed, but that it could take up to 6 months to get the new one (that would be by April 17). She thought that for the court appearance the judge may want the final card, instead of the 1-year extension document USCIS sent me. C said that this should not delay my referral and trip 1, but I think it could push the trip 2 a few months until I get my card. I don't want to get too upset or sad about this, but this could easily become another hurdle to overcome.

In the meantime, we decided to embark in few house projects. First, we are going to remodel the guest room. With the coming of our baby, our families will be visiting quite a bit this year. So, we decided to finally remove the 20+ year carpet, and lay new floor and paint the walls. Then we will move our bedroom furniture to that room. We like our furniture, but Mark wants a lower bed, more a platform type. So, we decided not to get too fancy and just get the new set from IKEA. I guess the busier we get, the "easier" the wait will be...

2 comments:

ana said...

I'm hoping that the accreditation of the new agencies won't cause us all to wait longer for our 1st trip. Hopefully your green card will come quickly and not delay things. We might be traveling around the same time!

Now that our dossier is submitted, the waiting seems a lot harder! House projects are an excellent way to pass the time!

Becky and Keith said...

Busy is good! Time will fly by when you're busy. When I look back and think that my dossier went over in July I realize how quickly that time flew by (although slow at times!). I hope you're able to pull the rest of your docs together and hopefully your green card will come more quickly than anticipated! Hope you had a great weekend!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers