picture

picture

Monday, January 14, 2008

Half packed but still waiting!

Waiting, waiting, waiting seems to be the name of the game! Early today I got an email from C (I decided not to call or email and just wait for her to do it) and we got half of the info we expected: we are registered with the MOE (yeah!!) but S does not have confirmation yet on our travel dates! C still thinks it is very possible it will be January 26th... So either by tomorrow or Wednesday (what!!??!!) we will know for sure!

Saturday afternoon, after working few hours, we went to Borders and bought a two travel books about Moscow. I don't really know how much time will be left for sightseeing, but hopefully among the 3 trips we get a chance to see some of Moscow. We also bought couple of baby books there... It still feels so weird to finally be buying little stuff for our little boy!! Then we headed to Big Five to get some long underwear for Mark and to the mall for mine (I got the silky ones - cuddle duds). I also realized that I need a purse... I usually carry my wallet on my hand, or have little purses for traveling, but for this trip, I think I'll need something larger and nicer looking to carry my stuff!!

Sunday was different... I woke up at 6:30 am, brought the laptop to bed, and I made a "color coded" list of our clothes, toiletries, food/snacks, medicines, paper/filling stuff, and baby toys to bring to the trip. The colors were related to the three pieces of luggage we are planning to bring (one carry one, one large to check and another little one to check) and the clothes for the plane rides. Mark was making fun of me because I tried almost every single pair of pants and shirts, to confirm they still fit me and how comfy they felt! In the evening we went shopping for most of the little items we didn't have and separated the food/snacks into separate ziplock bags to distribute among the three pieces of luggage, so if one of the bags doesn't make, we will still have some of everthing in the carry-on!

And before this blog, I finished filling out the forms for the Russian visa! We are getting ready, uhm?!!?? AND VERY EXCITED!!

4 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

I'm excited for you! I can only imageine how you must be feeling right now. Here's hoping C gets back to you today confirming the travel dates. I love your idea about color coding the packing list by the way.

Beth said...

As you know, we are hoping to hear from C. too! Love the color coding packing lists - I remember when I was that organized - then along came Luca and now I'll be lucky to get underwear packed in my bag :)
Hoping we hear something today!

ana said...

Hope you hear about your travel dates soon. It's so frustrating to be waiting! Your packing sounds like it's going very well. I did a separate list for carry-on and checked bags too. Hopefully, it will help when I start packing next week!

Joy said...

This is so cool. I hope that your airplane tickets are not too much more money. I did buy some long johns made out of bamboo. They are so soft.
Joy

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers