Today Mark and I went to work and suddently, at about 10 am I got a call from him.
"Good news! I got the passports with the Russian visas!" Mark said. "Are they cool looking visas?", I asked.
Then, there was a pause... "Crap, they misspelled my last name name!"
Mark's last name is nothing complicated, is not super common, but it's nothing hard to spell. On the other hand, I have two last names (that's normal in Ecuador) and we thought that maybe if there was an issue it would be with my visa... Oh well, Mark called the consulate and they asked him to FedEx it back to them. They know we are flying on Saturday, so they are supposed to send it back the same day... My poor Mark was soo stressed out...
The other fire to put out was getting the form I-171H. Our dossier got registered because we were supposed to get the USCIS approval "anytime" soon. I emailed my SW last week and check why was taking more than the 1 month she told us before (it has been about 6 weeks)... She promised to email the "USCIS lady" to check... After about 5 days she emailed me back to let me know they have our I-600A and that the USCIS lady had a pile of homestudies to review (and I guess our was in the pile). We thought they would be off today, but suddenly at about 3 pm I get an email from our SW telling me USCIS needed Mark to go to the local office and sign the 600A, which apparently I signed by mistake instead of him! So, tomorrow Mark is going to the local CIS office and they will give him the I-171H! FINALLY!!!
That means that besides getting Mark's passport in couple of days and the I-171H tomorrow, by Thursday I will finally be able to get ALL our remaining dossier docs apostilled!! Yeah!! I actually won't believe it until Thursday comes!

4 comments:
Yikes...glad the Consulate was so responsive though! I did double check mine today though :) Glad everything is coming together - see you guys soon
Now we will know to double check ours when the time comes! Thanks for mentioning that you contacted your social worker to help with the I-171H. I hadn't thought about that. We emailed our USCIS office today, and if we don't get a response, then we'll get our SW involved.
Congratulations on getting your I-171H!! I know that's a huge relief!
I am so glad that things worked out for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
Joy
Hope you have a very safe trip! How wonderful that you get to meet your little one soon! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment