This week just flew by! We got Mark's passport with the visa on Wednesday, went to several banks to get the "new looking" bills, went to apostille the last few docs yesterday, and survived our work schedule! I am SOOOOOOOOO glad we started packing even before we were confirmed our travel dates! If we didn't do it, this week would have just been pure chaos!
It is kind of funny how the last two weeks have been since we knew about our travel dates... Last week, the only thing I could think was meeting our child, how it would feel, what if we have to decline the first referral, etc, etc... On top of that was getting the apartment, buying the tickets, arranging the Moscow doctor, etc, AND still getting some work done! A lot of people at my office were really nice and took some of my work, but still, almost every day I brought work home and stayed up until 10 or 11 pm... But this week, after a good conversation with Carol, it felt so much relaxed... No more big concerns... I think I finally got it that everything is in God's hands and we just have to have some faith and trust that everything will be ALRIGHT! Besides, I have my whole family and friends praying for us!!
Well, its finally here. Tomorrow morning we begin the actual journey to Russia to meet UV-cito. Yeah, the other thing that will happen this week, is that we will finally make a decision on our baby's name... We have few candidates, but I think once we see his face, we will know...
Next blog will be from Moscow!

5 comments:
Have a great trip and enjoy the time with your child. For some reason I thought we were traveling the same week as you two. If you get a chance, could you email me the name of the Russian IA doctor you will be using? Thank you!
We're waiting until we meet our little one to make a final decision about a name too.
You'll be landing in Moscow very soon! Can't wait to hear how it goes!
It was great to meet you today at the Moscow Starbuck's on Old Arbat. Can't wait to hear about your referral!
Could you imagine the running around you would have had to do if you did not start the packing. I just can not imagine. I can not wait to hear all about it.
Joy
Post a Comment